News Tracking Official Adidas / Other Gear

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
With sponsorship deals like Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, AC Milan, Juventus, Benfica and Real Madrid you are surprised Adidas has some money to throw around?

James Harden is a fantastic player, but he's not exactly a household name. As good as he is, I doubt there are a lot of kids pretending to be him on the playground. In that context, $200 million seems like a lot of money to throw around. Maybe his image will be enhanced by dating a Kardashian, although it certainly didn't help Kris Humphries.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Agree with Tom. Adidas might be throwing money out the window hoping it comes back in. Not happening with JH. Now throw three stripes across Khloe's a**? Maybe.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Ugly Ugly Ugly. UCLA has the best color scheme in college sports. How you can mess that up I'll never know. But uniforms are completely subjective, so others may think they are beautiful while others could care less, and that's fine, too.

While UCLA's powder blue jerseys appeal to traditionalists (read: old men like me), the kids they're recruiting will no doubt love those all-black uniforms.

Very few unspoiled classic uniforms left in CFB these days. Even Notre Dame has gone to the dark side.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Ugly Ugly Ugly. UCLA has the best color scheme in college sports. How you can mess that up I'll never know. But uniforms are completely subjective, so others may think they are beautiful while others could care less, and that's fine, too.

I'd give that opinion more validity if you weren't negative on everything.

As for the color scheme, I suspect you're being purposely ignorant in order to gripe. It's one thing to not like the look, but I'm not buying that you really don't know these are an alternate jersey and the powder blues & home whites will still be the dominant jerseys & colors. Just like nearly every other D1 team, they have an alternate that uses a secondary brand color as the base.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Make it work!

(I hate myself for knowing that)

My favorite line is either Tim Gunn's "Hellloooo everybody!!" whenever he enters the designers' work room or Heidi Klum saying "You're out" whenever she has to send somebody packing.

While Tim is a dandy dresser, I'll go with the smoking-hot Kluminator.

(I don't hate myself for knowing any of this. I have a 15-year-old daughter and I am proud to be a big part of her life. If that means watching "Project Runway" and "The Hunger Games" a thousand times, so be it.)

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I'd give that opinion more validity if you weren't negative on everything.

As for the color scheme, I suspect you're being purposely ignorant in order to gripe. It's one thing to not like the look, but I'm not buying that you really don't know these are an alternate jersey and the powder blues & home whites will still be the dominant jerseys & colors. Just like nearly every other D1 team, they have an alternate that uses a secondary brand color as the base.

I am well aware it is an "alternate." It still doesn't mean one can't have an opinion about it. But if it's positive you want then Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas and Oklahoma have beautiful uniforms in college football. As far an newer ones Duke and North Carolina are pretty solid. In the NBA the new Raptors and Bucks kits are nice. In college basketball the UCLA road regular and Indiana regular are near perfect. North Carolina isn't far behind. In baseball the Red Sox and Cardinals look great.

Positive enough? :)