News Tracking Official Adidas / Other Gear

GMU92

Starter
Since lots of folks here have a hard on for all things Miami hoops....
here is their new look from Adidas. hmmmmm
https://mobile.twitter.com/antonazucar/status/650844323790106624/photo/1

As a fan of The U since 1987, I sure wish we could just go back to the good ol' days of orange green and white (colors of the Orange blossom by the way), block numbers/letters, and simple stripes on sleeves and pants. 1991 football provides the example. No crazy Ibis feathers, etc.

40a97a7735d75c36c9e4f7a9ebd1c38ff64b2331.jpg

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm so scared we'll get something like this.

Maybe we already did:

Paulsen, who had a similar experience with the German shoe and apparel company during his first season at Bucknell, needed only one look to decide his team's new uniforms were simply unacceptable. "F---ing adidas! Nobody puts tire tracks on my players' d1cks!" he growled, before throwing the jerseys and shorts into a large box and sealing it with a sticker we think read Return to Sender. New GA Bryson Johnson was last seen lugging the box to the Fairfax post office.

I'm pretty sure this happened.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This is a monumental moment. We all agree on something. This site should get certified with the AD and have a seat at the table. Some schools use message board info. If our uni's look like miami's, or worse, we should use our practice ones. one of the worst designs.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The good news is that we are small potatoes right now, and they may not want to waste one of their "premier" designs on lowly George Mason.

G M U

Starter
The good news is that we are small potatoes right now, and they may not want to waste one of their "premier" designs on lowly George Mason.

I agree, there's absolutely no way we get any sort of avant-garde style uniforms. We're getting bottom of the barrel, basic, standard green and gold uniforms.

GMU92

Starter
http://cbsprt.co/1JQ2zb4

Turgeon talks about the advantages Under Armor has created (not the subject of the article, just mentioned).

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

UA founder is a Maryland alum. This is similar with Nike and Oregon (Phil Knight). The contribution to the program (money and promotion) is going to be a lot bigger than with other schools given the affiliation.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Those bcs schools can easily complain and get new uni's over night. We probably can't.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If Miami and Michigan got a "premier" design from adidas, in this instance I'm more than happy to be a lowly program. :bricks:

I don't know, the weird crap around the waist kind of reminds me of the kickboxer's shorts in Bloodsport. So if you think about it as an homage to 1980s Van Damme movies it's pretty badass.