News Tracking Official Adidas / Other Gear

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I do find it interesting that a lot of schools tweeted out that today is their first day with Adidas, Nike, etc and yet nothing came from us. Dr Gunnie gave them enough hints, though......

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
UT put out a video today (http://www.wbir.com/story/sports/college/vols/2015/07/01/nike-tennessee-uniform-reveal/29566687/). The gist of it was that while Nike, UA, and adidas all make good products for the most part, Nike has a certain "swag" about it that college students like. Athletes have more of a confidence wearing a swoosh vs. another logo.

Now, how much that is actually worth in dollars and should youth care in the first point is another discussion in and of itself, but that is what I gathered from the video.

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
UT needed the swag. As for us, we need swag +.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Tennessee has been promoting the Hell out of the Nike rollover for months now with "leaks" and countdowns, and tweeted images. They're historically one of the premiere programs in college football w/a crazy loyal fan base too and a program on the up-swing under Butch Jones, so can accomplish this as well.

CItTeEtUEAAN5QW.jpg

GMUSig03

All-Conference
After loving the new uniforms from Nike last year, Miami is now switching to Adidas as well. A tweet of a possible mock up of the uni's has drawn, let's say, less then rave reviews.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
adidasAG

Not an awful look.

I like that uniform a lot, but I'm about 99 percent sure the men's jerseys are going to have George Mason on them in some form.

I'm also about 99 percent sure there will be fans who won't like using the neon yellow instead of our traditional gold. But the kids love the bright and flashy stuff, so I hope we have a neon yellow uniform as an alternate to the green and white ones.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Nah, not a fan. Too basic looking. Any of our uniforms from the past 3 years puts that to shame. I like George Mason on the front.

It's the best of what I could find. Adidas doesn't make good looking jerseys, imo. Each one we've worn for the last 15 years put anything adidas makes to shame.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It's the best of what I could find. Adidas doesn't make good looking jerseys, imo. Each one we've worn for the last 15 years put anything adidas makes to shame.

As one review of Nike versus Adidas running shoes put it: Nike is a design house, Adidas is an engineering house.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
As one review of Nike versus Adidas running shoes put it: Nike is a design house, Adidas is an engineering house.

That's subjective. I think adidas running shoes are pretty good, but their basketball shoes are awful. Now, somebody might have the opposite opinion. Everybody's feet are different.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Nah, not a fan. Too basic looking.

I agree that the jersey should have George Mason on the front.

But when you consider some of the abominations that adidas has rolled out over the past few years, we should be hoping for something fairly clean and simple.

If they try to do something edgy we might just get stuck with Zubas for the next 2-3 years.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
That's subjective. I think adidas running shoes are pretty good, but their basketball shoes are awful. Now, somebody might have the opposite opinion. Everybody's feet are different.

Adidas tend to run narrow. So if you have a wider foot, they will not feel good. I wear New Balance for running because I can't wear either.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I agree that the jersey should have George Mason on the front.

But when you consider some of the abominations that adidas has rolled out over the past few years, we should be hoping for something fairly clean and simple.

If they try to do something edgy we might just get stuck with Zubas for the next 2-3 years.

Haha. And Sinbad will be a special guest referee!

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I really like Utah Jazz's colors. I have always thought we need to add a third color to our official colors.

Thoughts?

gordon-hayward-enes-kanter-dante-exum-nba-utah-jazz-new-orleans-pelicans-850x560.jpg

Last edited: