News Tracking Official Adidas / Other Gear

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I really like Utah Jazz's colors. I have always thought we need to add a third color to our official colors.

Thoughts?

gordon-hayward-enes-kanter-dante-exum-nba-utah-jazz-new-orleans-pelicans-850x560.jpg

Don't we have black as an unofficial third color?

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
In the picture I posted, black would have worked almost as well. However, overall I think the combination of green, gold (dark yellow) and dark blue really work well. Imagine Larranaga court with added dark blue.
latest

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not a fan of the blue ... or maybe it's just that shade.

I think the black is fine, when it's used as a trim and not the main color. But we should never use black and gold together without also using green.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Miami's Adidas reveal is this Saturday (at Club LIV on south beach, featuring DJ Khaled, of course), so we may get an idea of what to expect in terms of jersey designs. Adidas has said they want to make Miami their Oregon, so there is also a chance a great deal more effort gets put into the Miami uni's and the different options available.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If anyone looked up The U football uni's, they're ....meh. I'm expecting same for our jerseys. Kinda cool with a side of corny.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
If anyone looked up The U football uni's, they're ....meh. I'm expecting same for our jerseys. Kinda cool with a side of corny.

Ours are probably going to come from an adidas template jersey. None of them scream "wow," just some are better (or less bad) than others.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Nebraska only had the best look in football. How do you screw that up?

As a uni nut, in college football I've seen adidas mess up UCLA (used to be classic), Nebraska alternates, Miami, Michigan (leaving next year for Nike), Notre Dame alternates (switched to UA recently) and Louisville are plain nasty. You look at Alabama, Penn State, even Ohio State - classic designs.

But as related to GMU basketball, as an old person I'm more concerned with the performance than the look. I tried on a pair of Derrick Rose adidas' a few weeks back, just to see a top of the line shoe. They were brutal (IMO, others may love them). Give me 15 minutes, a roll of duct tape, and some cardboard and I can make a more comfortable shoe!

After looking at http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...bbdad0-2d66-11e5-960f-22c4ba982ed4_story.html

how I read it is they essentially pay us $410,000/year (minus bonuses) and we buy $150,000/year of their gear at a discount. Hey Gunnie, have you looked at it?

"Adidas will provide promotional merchandise worth $160,000 to the athletic department as a whole, $90,000 to the men’s basketball program, $50,000 to women’s basketball and $10,000 to women’s lacrosse. To assist with first-year transition, Adidas will provide $100,000 in product allotment."

GMU will buy $150k worth of Adidas product per year.

Mason will receive $160k worth of Adidas product (90k worth to MBB, 50k to WBB etc...) for free per year. Mason will also receive 100k in product the first year only, to help with the transition.

Cash only comes into play for bonuses between 5-35k per sports team, with MBB able to cash out at $225k should GMU win the National Championship. Mason will get 70k if they reach another F4.

Specifics of the deal are pretty standard, probably a bit better than a Nike deal. Hope this helps.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
"Adidas will provide promotional merchandise worth $160,000 to the athletic department as a whole, $90,000 to the men’s basketball program, $50,000 to women’s basketball and $10,000 to women’s lacrosse. To assist with first-year transition, Adidas will provide $100,000 in product allotment."

GMU will buy $150k worth of Adidas product per year.

Mason will receive $160k worth of Adidas product (90k worth to MBB, 50k to WBB etc...) for free per year. Mason will also receive 100k in product the first year only, to help with the transition.

Cash only comes into play for bonuses between 5-35k per sports team, with MBB able to cash out at $225k should GMU win the National Championship. Mason will get 70k if they reach another F4.

Specifics of the deal are pretty standard, probably a bit better than a Nike deal. Hope this helps.

I know generally Nike doesn't pay as much as adidas. I'm curious what offer we received from Under Armour? Being local to UA would make us a prime target for them I would have thought.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Those Nebraska jerseys are pretty heinous, but they're the alternate versions only. I suspect the Red & White are going to keep the traditional look.

The Arizona State jerseys by contrast are pretty slick.