News New Mason Athletics Logo Coming Soon?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Ask yourself which of these had to "grow on you" (that sounds like moss to me). The time tested ones like Xavier, Tennesee, Syracuse and other are simple, but don't have to "grown on you".
Feels like a university that was named for a founding father is desperate to re-brand itself as hip, modern and edgy … good luck with that, we already had something that fit the university’s image, this 70s knockoff won’t stand the test of time.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Assuming the outside line will be used as an outline, it looks more like "q m".

Even not so bright vcu fans will be able to come up with a chant using the Q.

And the "M" looks like we flatlined.

Holy shit, we are going to be known as the Dead Queens (or something similar)!

1713976124805.png

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Just fold the athletics department already.

Ok, I want to clear something up, because I don't think this has been stated clearly, and so everyone keeps drawing conclusions like this.

The new logo is for the entire university, not just the athletic department. Rather than having an academic logo and an athletics logo, everyone will use the same logo now.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Ok, I want to clear something up, because I don't think this has been stated clearly, and so everyone keeps drawing conclusions like this.

The new logo is for the entire university, not just the athletic department. Rather than having an academic logo and an athletics logo, everyone will use the same logo now.
Which actually makes it worse. The academic logo was good. Now both suck.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Oh I don't think athletics came up with it. But it's so embarrassing that I don't want to compete against other schools wearing it.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I am going to assume when color is added it will look something like this, but hopefully I am wrong.

View attachment 2255

This looks like a map on a plaque of a maze you see at Mount Vernon or Monticello when approaching the grounds.

Can't wait for the Olive Garden to feature this on their kid's place mats and having 4 years olds color all over this.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I like it. It's simple and looks like it was designed in the late 70s, which will give it a more timeless feel as we move forward:
360_F_475749291_fP7VwY92PJu660ec8pbn1ubUzIiWZoyR.jpg

Almost fits in stylistically with WMATA's branding, and they've been smart to never rebrand.

I also like that it's easy to doodle on stuff.

The GM logos that softball and baseball use have a nice classic feel, but this is a good upgrade to that (and hopefully we continue to use them occasionally).

It's good. You all will learn to like it because it's better than the star by miles. Strike me down in your hatred and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I like it. It's simple and looks like it was designed in the late 70s, which will give it a more timeless feel as we move forward:

Almost fits in stylistically with WMATA's branding, and they've been smart to never rebrand.

The GM logos that softball and baseball use have a nice classic feel, but this is a good upgrade to that (and hopefully we continue to use them occasionally).

It's good. You all will learn to like it because it's better than the star by miles. Strike me down in your hatred and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
I’ve spent all my hatred on the logo, none left for you

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Just the organization that Mason wants to be associated with, WMATA. Known for track fires, endless delays and incompetence.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Just the organization that Mason wants to be associated with, WMATA. Known for track fires, endless delays and incompetence.
Gonna ignore the sarcasm font here and say that branding is one thing that WMATA actually has going for it. The M metro logo is timeless.

Maybe we should give WMATA the star logo?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Gonna ignore the sarcasm font here and say that branding is one thing that WMATA actually has going for it. The M metro logo is timeless.

Maybe we should give WMATA the star logo?
Now we're talking the same language!