News New Mason Athletics Logo Coming Soon?

OP
The Great PATSby

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
No idea. Its already created though. So Summer would make the most logical sense but know knows. Anything I know about it came from a major booster. Since it's not officially announced, I guess anything could change in between.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The logo will be out after the completion of the study about the logo being eligible from the eligibility board that @GMUSSTN has mentioned.

(Spring time for the logo)

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
No idea. Its already created though. So Summer would make the most logical sense but know knows. Anything I know about it came from a major booster. Since it's not officially announced, I guess anything could change in between.
Created. That's great news! Can't wait to see it/them.
I SO hope it's not a loser like this one, or even the more awful synchronized swimming ribbon one. I remember I called the athletic office to ask what it stood for. The guy didn't have a clue, and told me he hated it too.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
This is too big of news to be buried in the Adidas Gear thread... splitting this off.

Does anyone know the direction of this logo? Is it an updated Star and bars? Or is it leaning into the Patriot? Or the GM?

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Created. That's great news! Can't wait to see it/them.
I SO hope it's not a loser like this one, or even the more awful synchronized swimming ribbon one. I remember I called the athletic office to ask what it stood for. The guy didn't have a clue, and told me he hated it too.
It can’t be much worse than the shooting star!

I personally like the GM logo. It’s simple and to the point.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I am looking forward to the shooting star being a "ah remember when" nostalgia logo. The GM is nice and straightforward. Even if it's not the one we have right now, the initials "GM" are unique to us and I think it's important to build the brand around that.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is too big of news to be buried in the Adidas Gear thread... splitting this off.

Does anyone know the direction of this logo? Is it an updated Star and bars? Or is it leaning into the Patriot? Or the GM?

I heard months ago that it was in line with the old-style font "GM" similar to the one that appears now as GoMason.com is loading.

1000010443.jpg

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I heard months ago that it was in line with the old-style font "GM" similar to the one that appears now as GoMason.com is loading.

View attachment 2136
Yeah an update on this would be perfect. Honestly I'd be 100% fine if this was just what they moved to.

My thing with athletic logos is they gotta look like they've been around forever. The shooting star is VERY late '90s (which is exactly when it was designed).

Even though I liked the wildcat I think Davidson did this well. It still catched me offguard when I see it sometimes but that'll pass...I think their DC logo is good. vcu on the other hand did their frefresh and their current logo looks very mid/late '00s meanwhile their vintage "VC" logo still holds up.

The current GM logo (the one baseball uses isn't bad either) looks like it was created decades ago. Simple and straightforward.

JPgmuswim

Starter
Brian from Bygeorge mentioned this before the season on one of the twitter spaces.

Any of you insiders seen any renderings. I’d be good with just the GM like the baseball hats.

OP
The Great PATSby

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

This is what I was told too.

Personally, I would like to see Mason use two logos. One with just the GM and one maybe similiar too the New England Patriots logo.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Will look something in the GW and Davidson genre.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This is what I was told too.

Personally, I would like to see Mason use two logos. One with just the GM and one maybe similiar too the New England Patriots logo.
I would like to see two also, a GM and a fierce Patriot.
The GM in the baseball teams cap is too "skinny" for me. The one above is much better. imo.