News New Mason Athletics Logo Coming Soon?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Facebook Post Unavailable... I assume this is the image you're trying to link to? My big question is...where does GMU Club Hockey have a permanent locker room? Seems like quite the investment for a club sport.
That works. Wouldn't mind seeing a U worked in there, but it's a lot better than what we've got.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
So, our new logo is the same odd “GM” that has been around for at least two years? Hopefully not.

The star is pure nubs. Can’t wait for the new logo. I’ve seen it, it takes a little time to appreciate but it grew on me.

All schools will use it, and compliance won’t approve the use of alternate greens and golds.
And why can’t we have something we stick with? This was the logo during the 06,08, and 11 teams. Isn’t it hard as a young university to build tradition if you are constantly changing logos, mascots or other key elements? You don’t see other schools handwringing over a logo. And then when the new logo comes out? It won’t please everyone smh.

By George.

Starter
And why can’t we have something we stick with? This was the logo during the 06,08, and 11 teams. Isn’t it hard as a young university to build tradition if you are constantly changing logos, mascots or other key elements? You don’t see other schools handwringing over a logo. And then when the new logo comes out? It won’t please everyone smh.
Because the logo currently sucks

Because the logo currently sucks
You missed my point about traditions and being a young university.

The star is pure nubs. Can’t wait for the new logo. I’ve seen it, it takes a little time to appreciate but it grew on me.

All schools will use it, and compliance won’t approve the use of alternate greens and golds.
Where exactly was the feedback sought from alumni on this? Or was this done in a shadowy back room?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
One color scheme
One logo

That’s all I ask. Overall it’s meh, but I’m looking forward to the star being gone.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

logos change all the time. Our logo is over 30 years old and unfortunately they didn’t make it “timeless” it was very much a 90s logo and it shows