News New Mason Athletics Logo Coming Soon?

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I am going to assume when color is added it will look something like this, but hopefully I am wrong.

1713968418794.png

By George.

Starter
It grew on me, there’s a bunch of different color combos too. It’s not as much the logo for me as it is a new direction as a whole university. Everyone will use this logo, instead of separate schools within the university designing their own shit. A logo and a vibe has to be created, it won’t happen day 1. No logo is that cool, it’s the university that makes the branding cool IMO.

The same people saying they won’t buy any gear or support the new logo are the same that supported something even uglier - Dave Paulsen.

ArtVandalay

Four-star Recruit
I am going to assume when color is added it will look something like this, but hopefully I am wrong.

View attachment 2255
Adding color improves this immensely. I’m still holding out final judgement until it’s officially rolled out and seeing how it looks on gear, signage, etc.

I truly like that they want to unify everything under one brand. It’s been a mess of inconsistent names & logos for at least the past 15-20 years.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't love the new logo, but I think it does look slightly better in the color versions with the various fonts around it. Hopefully it will grow on me. I was hoping for a tweek to the older GM logo that we already have on file and trademarked. I would imagine that would have saved the school a lot of money and would have been accepted a lot better than this will be.

I'm very happy we won't have multiple logos throughout the school and athletics. Never liked going to the bookstore and seeing a product that I liked only to have the Mason quill school logo on it.

With our athletic teams using the old "refrigerator deluxe heavy" font on all our uniforms (same font as used on MASON in the old logo), I'm nervous to see what the font will be that will be used going forward.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Adding color improves this immensely. I’m still holding out final judgement until it’s officially rolled out and seeing how it looks on gear, signage, etc.

I truly like that they want to unify everything under one brand. It’s been a mess of inconsistent names & logos for at least the past 15-20 years.
I can agree with this. Perhaps the blown up colored version looks slightly better, although its probably not much improvement there.

At the end of the day

1) star is gone
2) one logo across the university (finally) with one color scheme
3) one name scheme

They barely hit the bar with this logo but they at least accomplished those items. Hopefully the gear will not look absurd. I also hope the new logo on the court next season also looks nice.

I just set my expectations low with just about anything Mason related, and then when things exceed, its that much easier to digest.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't love the new logo, but I think it does look slightly better in the color versions with the various fonts around it. Hopefully it will grow on me. I was hoping for a tweek to the older GM logo that we already have on file and trademarked. I would imagine that would have saved the school a lot of money and would have been accepted a lot better than this will be.

I'm very happy we won't have multiple logos throughout the school and athletics. Never liked going to the bookstore and seeing a product that I liked only to have the Mason quill school logo on it.

With our athletic teams using the old "refrigerator deluxe heavy" font on all our uniforms (same font as used on MASON in the old logo), I'm nervous to see what the font will be that will be used going forward.
I hope I misunderstood, but, was told that the baseball logo will remain as a legacy option. If I got that correct, that defeats half the goal here.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This is a real opportunity for the NIL Collective. The letters "G M" cannot be trademarked; only the design can be. The NIL should design its own GM and sell those GM branded products. We all buy those products.