News New Mason Athletics Logo Coming Soon?

Look how f**king stupid this looks. It looks like a damn Microsoft Outlook signature with the Name, Position Title and Company.

GMHfDFdXoAAnL92

I mean, is the plan to have it be tiny and just pair it with the George Mason all the time? As an explanation?

I may just steal the logo and put it on a polo over General Mills. Cereal.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
You generally know that I am a caring a fan, as I know you are as well.. I can count on one hand the number of home games I failed to attend. If there was on opportunity to participate in the development of the new logo then I was never apprised by Mason admin. It's all spilled milk now, though.
Ditto. Just for the record, I went through all my emails from Mason and could not find any evidence I had been informed of some opportunity to provide feedback or attend a viewing.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I participated in a zoom meeting with a few others on here back in January. While we never saw any possible new logos, I recall a lot of the discussion was around the old logo and how/why it didn't really connect with a lot of us. I do remember discussion about how having a school logo and an athletics logo that intertwined would be nice instead of two that were totally unrelated. At one point there was some talk about the old GM logo and how people liked it/prefered it over the star logo. Really, the gist of it was nobody had a connection with the star logo.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I participated in a zoom meeting with a few others on here back in January. While we never saw any possible new logos, I recall a lot of the discussion was around the old logo and how/why it didn't really connect with a lot of us. I do remember discussion about how having a school logo and an athletics logo that intertwined would be nice instead of two that were totally unrelated. At one point there was some talk about the old GM logo and how people liked it/prefered it over the star logo. Really, the gist of it was nobody had a connection with the star logo.
Any discussion of the quill logo?

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't recall any, other than the mention that you go into our bookstore and you would see two vastly different logos on the products.
I always thought it was pretty normal to have an academic logo and an athletic's logo. I just did a quick look at the first 3 schools in the league I could think of (UD, vcu and SLU) and all three of them appear to have both.

Asking a logo to represent both and also "tell our story" seems like it is asking a lot of a mere logo. If I had to guess, this is the likely cause of what we ended up with.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I just made this logo in 2.5 minutes using the first ai art creation website that came up when I searched. Most of that time was creating the free trial account.

If you capitalized and switched the letters, and darkened the green, I would 100% say this is a better logo.

Edit - this was my first time ever using AI.

Attachments

• Mason logo.jpg
    Mason logo.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 41