News New Mason Athletics Logo Coming Soon?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I never liked the interlocking GM (they don’t interlock well visually in the first place), so those who kept asking for it can now live with that demand…

However, having seen both color combinations, the reverse color—green inside gold—is infinitely better than the gold inside green and should be used as the primary logo.

Edit: for those who haven’t seen it, here they are side by side: View: https://twitter.com/MasonAthletics/status/1784980815488696453/photo/1

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I never liked the interlocking GM (they don’t interlock well visually in the first place), so those who kept asking for it can now live with that demand…
I never understood that. G and M just don’t lend themselves to being fused together. Seems awfully forced.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
All Together Different has always sounded like nonsense to me.

Attachments

• IMG_1997.jpeg
    IMG_1997.jpeg
    409.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
All Together Different has always rubbed me the wrong way.
Kind of funny tidbit related to that. My son is a rising college Freshmen, so he has been inundated with marketing materials form colleges/universities. I swear that most of them had some sort of marketing line that claimed they were "different".

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

However, having seen both color combinations, the reverse color—green inside gold—is infinitely better than the gold inside green and should be used as the primary logo.

Edit: for those who haven’t seen it, here they are side by side: View: https://twitter.com/MasonAthletics/status/1784980815488696453/photo/1
I kinda like the gold inside green. But that's just me.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Kind of funny tidbit related to that. My son is a rising college Freshmen, so he has been inundated with marketing materials form colleges/universities. I swear that most of them had some sort of marketing line that claimed they were "different".
I might have to trademark the tagline "We're the same as every other college ... just cheaper!"

I had a great idea while making fun of Gunnie on Twitter while bored at work:

Can somebody who is computer literate mock up:

A playful G, bouncing on a platform like M, about to dive into a U-shaped swimming pool? The green can be in the U-shaped swimming pool like Chicago on St. Patrick's Day, while the yellow can be a stream of urine coming out of the G landing on a small vcu Ram on the side of the pool

And DOUBLE the size of the TM cause that's definitely our logo for the next 100 years!!

I am such a f**king genius

A playful G, bouncing on a platform like M, about to dive into a U-shaped swimming pool? The green can be in the U-shaped swimming pool like Chicago on St. Patrick's Day, while the yellow can be a stream of urine coming out of the G landing on a small vcu Ram on the side of the pool

And DOUBLE the size of the TM cause that's definitely our logo for the next 100 years!!

The U could be in 3-D and enhanced by wearing certain glasses but only at certain times

emjayar08

Sixth Man

I’ve been asking Midjourney to create a better Mason logo, and they keep making yellow and green birds flying over the G…

Maybe this is progress?

Attachments

• IMG_8362.jpeg
    IMG_8362.jpeg
    839.1 KB · Views: 92

emjayar08

Sixth Man
Mid journey is not great for logo creation, but it’s something. I’m trying to get a GM logo that includes the quill, but it just wants to put birds on everything. So here’s some quite “super hero-esque” logos that they’ve created so far.

If someone wants to give me a prompt, let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_8363.jpeg
    IMG_8363.jpeg
    516.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8364.jpeg
    IMG_8364.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8365.jpeg
    IMG_8365.jpeg
    448 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8366.jpeg
    IMG_8366.jpeg
    530.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8367.jpeg
    IMG_8367.jpeg
    513 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8369.jpeg
    IMG_8369.jpeg
    405.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8371.jpeg
    IMG_8371.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 54

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
As others have pointed out, the new logo resembles the Georgia Tech and Temple logos.

Both are really bad logos.

But it did occur to me that no one actually calls Georgia Tech “GT.” And no one will ever call us GM. It probably will encourage everyone to say “George Mason,” which I do like that over just Mason. I was never a fan of saying “Mason.”

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
As others have pointed out, the new logo resembles Georgia Tech and Temple.

Both are really bad logos.

But it did occur to me that no one actually calls Georgia Tech “GT.” And no one will ever call us GM. It probably will encourage everyone to say “George Mason,” which I do like that over just Mason. I was never a fan of saying “Mason.”
Me either. It's George Mason University.
GMU! THAT should be our logo.
That and the quill.