News New Mason Athletics Logo Coming Soon?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I

And in typical Mason fashion, they clumsily announce this when literally nothing else is going on. You could have hedged your bets and announced it after a huge Mason athletic or school event. Nope, let's drop it at the end of April so everyone can focus on how bad it is....Agreed, that if we win noone cares, but it's just another example of Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown.
I’m crass but the image I have is Charlie doing something entirely different with the football while Lucy looks on in disgust.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm not as down on it as everyone else is, though I would have preferred the baseball team version of GM. No arrows please.

The burning question I have is ... what ideas and designs were scrapped in lieu of the one they chose?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm not as down on it as everyone else is, though I would have preferred the baseball team version of GM. No arrows please.

The burning question I have is ... what ideas and designs were scrapped in lieu of the one they chose?
Yes, would love to see that.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Here is a clip of the logo in use from an email I just received ...

IMG_20240425_150719.jpg

I'm telling you, it's growing on me. Maybe like a bad fungus of which was previously spoken, but I didn't hate it. And that will have to do for now from me. Though the trademark 'tm' is annoying.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Here is a clip of the logo in use from an email I just received ...

View attachment 2286

I'm telling you, it's growing on me. Maybe like a bad fungus of which was previously spoken, but I didn't hate it. And that will have to do for now from me. Though the trademark 'tm' is annoying.
Even if I ignore the fact that it looks like a maze and it looks more like C M than GM, the font spacing is bad. Wait till you see what it looks like with an apostrophe. The logo appears to be off center as well (corner of M further away from circle than closest part of the G). The fact that the TM is as big as the team name is bad as well. Do they really think that design is a risk for someone stealing it? It is downright horrible.

I

And in typical Mason fashion, they clumsily announce this when literally nothing else is going on. You could have hedged your bets and announced it after a huge Mason athletic or school event. Nope, let's drop it at the end of April so everyone can focus on how bad it is....Agreed, that if we win noone cares, but it's just another example of Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown.
Only Mason would drop this at a time when most of the country is asking what the hell is going on with college campuses ....

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
To whomever asked about the GM merch, they have some on Amazon. I just bought a long sleeve tee, a sweatshirt, and a cap.
Last GMU stuff I will be buying for a very long time...if ever.