Game 14: AT Virginia Commonwealth University, Saturday, Jan 2nd, 5 PM, CBS Sports Network

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm less concerned about their full-court pressure -- both because they're using it less and because we play with two PGs most of the game -- and more interested to see if we can score against them in the half court offense.

They apply a ton of ball pressure and overplay the wings, so I wouldn't be surprised if DP has prepared to use back door cuts against them.

Speaking of preparation, not having a game in the past 10 days means our guys won't be better prepared for any A10 game than this one. Maybe the layoff helps us in the end.

High ball pressure will play into Moore's hands. I suspect they'll play us more off the ball if their coach was smart and clog the lane like every other team, force our wings to shoot over the top.

By George.

Starter
Want to chat mason basketball during the game? Join us at Red Hot and Blue in Fairfax for the game! Our wives and girlfriends will be with us, feel free to bring your loved ones! Always opportunities for free beer!

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Dick Patrick's latest piece:

http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle....89&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210610203&DB_OEM_ID=25200

Comment by OL at the end:

"Their next adjustment is A-10 play. The Freaky Five will get a baptism of fire at vcu with its Havoc full-court press and sold-out arena."

Livingston’s eyes lit up when the pressure-packed atmosphere was mentioned.
“Cool,” he said. “It should be a fun environment. I can’t wait. That’s going to be a great opportunity for the team to get closer together, having to band together against a common enemy.”

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Meanwhile, I'm watching Dayton @ Duquesne game with both teams playing poorly. It's halftime and Dayton is 1-17 from 3 and Duquesne shooting 17% with lots of turnovers. Dayton ahead 25-20.

polepino

Starter
Dude! Do you see Otis with the old school short shorts!? Haha, that's awesome! What's old is new again!

polepino

Starter
Good idea to slow down the tempo, kind of reminds me a bit when Larranaga was here. Not exactly slow but definitely controlled.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
vcu also gets called for absolutely nothing when at home. They could take a hatchet to our guys and it wouldn't be called. It would be nice if they enforced the freedom of movement rules.