Coaching Search Thread

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Take it for whatever it’s worth (nothing) but Lamar Butler just tweeted at me saying no one is getting an interview.
If that means it’s Kim English then I’m okay with that. I love how passionate these ‘06 guys are about Tony, and I’d love for that to happen, but if Kim wants the job, you give him the job.

KAOriginal

All-American
Take it for what it's worth...I just spoke to my broker, who told me to go "ALL IN" on MVIS and SLGG...

Said it either Archie Miller or Reggie Miller....just not sure which one because they have both been on TV alot recently.

He has a feeling about these things....

And what Jollay says makes complete sense.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Which is something, absolutely. Still, feels like kind of a boom or bust hire.
I can be in with a boom or bust type hire. Otherwise we are looking another ho hum hire. I would think you might be, too. Seems to me the only way we hit above our investment.

Now, this assumes we aren’t going to increase our base salary. I’ve eaten plenty of crow today, so maybe I shouldn’t make that assumption.

I can be in with a boom or bust type hire.

Let us take a minute to recognize the ultimate one from the 90's, Mr. Paul Westhead.

I gotta admit, I was a fencer concerning Dave but I also have to admit I haven't been this excited since the ultimate hire.

I was a little excited when we hired Hewitt and I got married and then we killed Bin Laden all in the same week or so but I am really jazzed now.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Lol, if only that was the way the world worked :)

Maybe it'll work out, but I would prefer a guy with more of a track record of success, like Kelsey

I am sold on Kelsey. But he is still dancing, so not sure he is in the mix. And, he might be attractive to some P6 schools.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Which is something, absolutely. Still, feels like kind of a boom or bust hire.

Isn't every hire a boom or bust hire? Like for all jobs. Either the person is great and they do a good job and meet expectations or they suck.

Now, you can suck in varying degrees, but I think everyone agrees what a boom looks like.

As long as it looks like the school is taking a risk and hiring someone who can set up a good culture I'll be happy. Both Hewitt and Paulsen were pretty "safe" hires in the grand scheme of things.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Why is English better than Skinn? Does Rick Barnes have a long list of assistants who became successful head coaches?