Coaching Search Thread

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Thank you Jay Marsh! The real savior of GMU Bball.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
And our own By George (hi!):

https://twitter.com/ByGeorgeGMU/status/1371923262066806792

"Another name being talked about - Kim English Jr. He played at Mizzou and was drafted by the Pistons but had a short NBA career. After his career he became a coach and has been an assistant with Tulsa, Colorado and now Tennessee. This rumor has been swirling for a few weeks now."

At least they have been looking before pulling the trigger on firing Brad. Small steps

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This is a massive hire for Brad. He has to park this one or the next one out the door will be him.

That makes it more likely than not we’re not getting a first-time HC. If Pat Kelsey would take the job, he’d be a grand slam.
Kelsey would be a slam dunk. But it will never happen with Pres Woke.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Kim English played for and was an assistant for Frank Haith. The same Frank Haith that created an opening at Miami when he left, thus creating the chain reaction that led to Coach L leaving, Hewit being hired then fired, and then Paulsen being hired then fired. So hard pass for me.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Men's Coach will have to be a minority hire.

Women's can get by with a non minority since it will most likely be woman.

It's in the new University Diversity plan. SECTION D, Page 32.

I guess I have a lot of catching up to do here. I took a hiatus for business and now its all so different.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
And here we go with the BS.

I doubt it - Brad is going to need a coach to win - that goal and the money that follows will drive the decision not points on a demographic board - regardless of race or sex - they need a winner. Besides in the new math - you can check out any box that you identify with.

So --- the real question is - what available candidate is the best option out there -- and will we throw money at it.