A-10 Opponents

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Northern Iowa showed everyone the recipe on how to beat vcu. Handle pressure (step through the double team) and attack the press offensively. Pack it in defensively when your man doesn't have the ball and recover out to shooters quickly. Block out and don't give many second chance points.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Northern Iowa also did VERY little switching defensively. Instead they gave teammates a window to move through while staying in front of their man. Basic defensive concept well exectuted.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I watched a bit of that game. As fast as Iona played, Dayton played faster (and better). I thought I heard the announcers say that St Bonaventure scored over a 100 against Iona.

Not promising.

So Paul Ball returns to the Patriot Center on Feb. 15th?

MASONscott

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
vcu punking VA Tech 37-8. Melvin Johnson 6-6 from the 3. Need a miss to keep Dre Smith's record in-tact.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Refs arent going to call every foul and vcu knows that, and has a perfect game plan...much like the Seatlle Seahawks. Its just not going to happen.

Then you call the game right for the first 5 minutes if each half, get a few of their starters in foul trouble and force them to back off and play the game properly.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Then you call the game right for the first 5 minutes if each half, get a few of their starters in foul trouble and force them to back off and play the game properly.

Its not going to happen. That is why its such a successful game plan. Even if you "call the game right" in the first 5 minutes, you are still going to let alot of fouls/penalties go.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Its not going to happen. That is why its such a successful game plan. Even if you "call the game right" in the first 5 minutes, you are still going to let alot of fouls/penalties go.

Yes, but if half our team is saddled with 4 fouls with 15 minutes left in the game your defense looks a lot different.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Its not going to happen. That is why its such a successful game plan.

Exactly correct. They have created their form of "HAVOC" and they deserve respect and the benefit of the doubt when calls are concerned.