A-10 Opponents

Patriotfan49

Starter
I was at that game as well. I think that was the "V-C-U, Lets Go vcu" chant that rocked the Big Brown Turd. I've listened to the chant I mentioned and I think it sounds disorganized and complicated.

But yea, regardless it would be nice to have dedicated students who could put together some loud, coherent, and recognizable chants at our games.

That rocked the place too lol.

But Im telling you, that war chant was deafening that day (its pretty obvious and different than lets go vcu.....not hard to tell apart) and call me crazy but Ive always liked it wishing we had something like that. Its a pretty intimidating atmosphere when the crowd is blaring that.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
That rocked the place too lol.

But Im telling you, that war chant was deafening that day (its pretty obvious and different than lets go vcu.....not hard to tell apart) and call me crazy but Ive always liked it wishing we had something like that. Its a pretty intimidating atmosphere when the crowd is blaring that.

Agree on the loudness - but hearing a bunch of art students and hippies talking about going to war and being tough does just seem off. But I digress.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GW up over Creighton 25 - 12. 18 of GW's points have been three pointers. Creighton is ice cold from three point land and has missed three layups.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Agree on the loudness - but hearing a bunch of art students and hippies talking about going to war and being tough does just seem off. But I digress.

Suit yourself, I just would love to have us do anything that resembles that. Cant knock them for something we cant do.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Creighton is really off balance tonight and GW is taking advantage and nailing it from the perimeter.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Suit yourself, I just would love to have us do anything that resembles that. Cant knock them for something we cant do.

Not disagreeing with you - but making an observation. Not sure we can't do it. I have heard the Patriot Center get loud and intimidating when playing vcu there.

OP
Bricker

Bricker

Starter
Retracting my "evenly matched" comment I made regarding GW earlier in this thread...

It's gonna be a tough conference schedule. But honestly, I'm excited. We've been complaining about CAA conference play for years. Our team is far from perfect. But for the first time ever, we get to see what it's like to see them go up against top competition every single week.

We used to have maybe 2 or 3 opportunities (tops) per regular season to make some noise. With UMASS, vcu, SLU, and now GW and Dayton looking very strong, we're going to have a ton of chances to grab some quality wins.

As long as our guys come out of the gate with energy and maximum effort like we saw at the beginning of the RI game, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Retracting my "evenly matched" comment I made regarding GW earlier in this thread...

It's gonna be a tough conference schedule. But honestly, I'm excited. We've been complaining about CAA conference play for years. Our team is far from perfect. But for the first time ever, we get to see what it's like to see them go up against top competition every single week.

We used to have maybe 2 or 3 opportunities (tops) per regular season to make some noise. With UMASS, vcu, SLU, and now GW and Dayton looking very strong, we're going to have a ton of chances to grab some quality wins.

As long as our guys come out of the gate with energy and maximum effort like we saw at the beginning of the RI game, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

I concur with your assessment.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
More than ever we are going to need our 6th man. In order to hold serve at home and split the road games our home atmosphere has to step up too.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
More than ever we are going to need our 6th man. In order to hold serve at home and split the road games our home atmosphere has to step up too.

I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance of the game on Saturday - while the students were not on campus due to the holiday closure - there were a lot of people in the other seats. Much much more than expected based on previous weekend games during a holiday.

JBiggs

Starter
I think it was over 4000, which obviously isn't bad for Thanksgiving break.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance of the game on Saturday - while the students were not on campus due to the holiday closure - there were a lot of people in the other seats. Much much more than expected based on previous weekend games during a holiday.

No doubt the change in conference has perked outside interest.

Haxormax

Starter
you're welcome bro.

although, our band sucked for some reason... the robot voice keyboard thing was awful. ok they didn't suck, they just weren't like usual... might've been thanksgiving

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
you're welcome bro.

although, our band sucked for some reason... the robot voice keyboard thing was awful. ok they didn't suck, they just weren't like usual... might've been thanksgiving

I've never tried to play a musical instrument while in a turkey coma, but I'd imagine it's fairly challenging.