A-10 Opponents

Bricker

Starter
I thought it would be a good idea to have a place to discuss other A-10 games...

I saw the first half and some of the second half of the GW - Marquette game last night. The Colonials were getting George Masoned in the first and went into halftime down 21. They looked two steps slower than Marquette and the 3 wasn't falling for them.

Judging by what I saw last night ( I did not see the Miami game Thursday), I'd say we're fairly evenly matched with them. Battle of the Orange line should be a good one this season.

jmckend1

Starter
I would have to imagine someone on this staff could design a coherent set play before we get into the thick of conference play. And it seems like Hewitt looks at all non-conference games as experiments so that he can do well enough in the conference to go to the tournament since he sees that as the best path. Also seems like our guys are never really amped up for any game.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I didn't see the Marquette game but GW looked really good earlier in the year. They were raining in threes from all over the court. Manhattan and Miami got torched.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
GW made two more three pointers than Miami did. How is that getting torched?

GW was down by double digits too. Then switched to zone and miami couldn't hit any jumpers. Since we as Mason fans do not know what good in-game adjustments look like, we have to try and catch em elsewhere. ;)

JBiggs

Starter
GW lacks depth, which is why they can't hang with a team like Marquette. And if they aren't connecting on threes, they're in trouble.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Tough game against URI tonight. Like I said, NO game will be a gimme. We need to be thankful for any win we get, ugly or pretty because they might be few and far between.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Tough game against URI tonight. Like I said, NO game will be a gimme. We need to be thankful for any win we get, ugly or pretty because they might be few and far between.
Yeah, but too bad it doesn't count for the conference standings. Here's hoping we can beat them again wheb it matters!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

OP
Bricker

Bricker

Starter
GW vs. Creighton tonight at 6:30 on ESPNU

vcu vs. Belmont at 5 p.m. on ESPN3

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
That vcu slogan/chant, "You Don't Want To Go To War With The Rams Don't Start No Stuff Won't Be No Stuff" is pretty heinous. Sounds illiterate and thug-like, makes sense seeing as where it is coming from.

Patriotfan49

Starter
That vcu slogan/chant, "You Don't Want To Go To War With The Rams Don't Start No Stuff Won't Be No Stuff" is pretty heinous. Sounds illiterate and thug-like, makes sense seeing as where it is coming from.

Dial up the typical "vcu bandwagon fan" or "vcu d*ck envy" comments, but I disagree. I always thought it was pretty bad a**. Remembering sitting in the Coliseum down like 32-4 hearing that chant rattle the place was pretty crazy.

I wouldnt mind maybe one day we will get a crowd, and then get a crowd that would be coherent enough to chant something like that at our games.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Visited Belmont last month. $500 million in construction going on. Could be a nice a10 add.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Dial up the typical "vcu bandwagon fan" or "vcu d*ck envy" comments, but I disagree. I always thought it was pretty bad a**. Remembering sitting in the Coliseum down like 32-4 hearing that chant rattle the place was pretty crazy.

I was at that game as well. I think that was the "V-C-U, Lets Go vcu" chant that rocked the Big Brown Turd. I've listened to the chant I mentioned and I think it sounds disorganized and complicated.

But yea, regardless it would be nice to have dedicated students who could put together some loud, coherent, and recognizable chants at our games.

Scythe

Starter
Apparently vcu has a river with a random old high school desk on the side of it, and a terrible rapper...odd commercials

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GW and Creighton started off uuuuggggly. Creighton cold from 3 point land GW up 16-7. GW started off with man to man and just now switched to a zone and Creighton scores it first three.