• THANK YOU DONORS!!
    I'd like to personally thank everyone that participated in our first donor drive in years! We raised over double the amount that we set as a goal. You guys are awesome! This money helps to fuel much needed upgrades around here - and also includes monthly server costs and software licenses. We are excited for the future and your donations ensure that there will be a place to talk about George Mason basketball (among other things) for seasons to come! - The Management

Welcome DeVon Cooper

OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
Jarred Reuter has a chance to be one of the top 5 best players in the A-10....

Kid did have 21 points on 7-11 shooting (5-8 from 3), 4 rebounds, and 4 assists against WVU in the tournament.

He also had 14, 6, and 3 against Richmond and 11, 7, and 3 against Ohio State. Oh and he also scored in double figures all 3 times they played Belmont (they went 2-1 against them).

It’s one thing to tout a player who hardly played, another who averaged 31 mpg last season.

mkaufman1

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Kid did have 21 points on 7-11 shooting (5-8 from 3), 4 rebounds, and 4 assists against WVU in the tournament.

He also had 14, 6, and 3 against Richmond and 11, 7, and 3 against Ohio State. Oh and he also scored in double figures all 3 times they played Belmont (they went 2-1 against them).

It’s one thing to tout a player who hardly played, another who averaged 31 mpg last season.

Agreed. Obviously I hope the comment by English comes to fruition in some way shape or form, but there is at least some ground to stand on for the comment based on previous D1 performance.

JimP

All-American

He'll be very good I think. 2nd team OVC too...

mkaufman1

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I always thought when DP brought guys who won in HS that would bode well in college.

That said, when you bring in some guys who have already won in college, I have to think that will pay higher dividends than just winning in high school.

I have high expectations for guys like Cooper and I am sure that many others do as well.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
I always thought when DP brought guys who won in HS that would bode well in college.

That said, when you bring in some guys who have already won in college, I have to think that will pay higher dividends than just winning in high school.

I have high expectations for guys like Cooper and I am sure that many others do as well.
Clear difference is guys like Otis, Kam Murrell (C prep team) and others won at weak levels in high school. Not a ton of guys from really good high school teams (Oduro and Jamal being two exceptions)

OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
Clear difference is guys like Otis, Kam Murrell (C prep team) and others won at weak levels in high school. Not a ton of guys from really good high school teams (Oduro and Jamal being two exceptions)

I don't think that really matters much. We said that about Jordan Miller and Tyler Kolek too. Otis also had no problem competing at the A10 level.

Speaking of: Kam Murrell is a Grad Assistant at Memphis right now.

mkaufman1

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Yeah, I mean, I always thought it would help. It didn't seem like it did help all that much.

I'm more more in the belief that winning at the D1 level previously will carry with you. Its a different mindset and maturity.

But, its merely a thought and really means nothing at the end of the day.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
The difference with Cooper is he’s a man physically and mentally. We don’t have to wait for him to develop … he’s a plug and play 30 mpg guy at the 2 and won’t be overmatched by anyone in the
A-10. The fact that his last team had success is a bonus IMHO

GMU79

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
But it does say something about KE’s intentions that he went and got 3 guys who played in the tournament last season. None of them came to Mason looking for a long-term rebuild — whether it’s realistic or not their plan is to dance next season.
But, but, but, that's impossible!!! At least that's what I read here. Somebody should tell CKE he can't do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PointGuardEyes

#MasonNation Network