Welcome Coach Tony Skinn!

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I was not impressed after hearing her speak during the MTE games. But I have heard since that she is well liked by coaches and families.

If she is great with relationships but not with microphones, I'm okay with that. Leadership can come in different forms.
I hear it from a good source on the inside that the athletes really like Rogers. She is a players AD.

patriotchild

Starter
This video gave me chills today.

How many Days/Months/Years will it take Adidas to make us “Patriot Pressure” shirts?
You need to start a focus group. Then trap an adidas rep. Deprive them of sensory awareness and continuously show them the focus group tapes. Release back into the wild and then send 100k emails to trigger the memories. And then, maybe we’ll have gear.

smccart5

Starter
I feel like the boards are too quiet. Someone break some news please.
We had a very active couple weeks, need a break! I'm guessing next week we'll start see the signings trickle in.

In the meantime let's call businesses and get 'em paying players for advertising. Paying a couple players to hit a local bar after every home game is a no brainer. "official post game hang of Mason Hoops"

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
We had a very active couple weeks, need a break! I'm guessing next week we'll start see the signings trickle in.

In the meantime let's call businesses and get 'em paying players for advertising. Paying a couple players to hit a local bar after every home game is a no brainer. "official post game hang of Mason Hoops"
There are truly endless NIL opportunities surrounding Mason with the number of companies in our area covering pretty much every industry imaginable.

Hope we get some people in place who focus on establishing those relationships, showcasing value, and connecting the dots between potential opportunities and players.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
There are truly endless NIL opportunities surrounding Mason with the number of companies in our area covering pretty much every industry imaginable.

Hope we get some people in place who focus on establishing those relationships, showcasing value, and connecting the dots between potential opportunities and players.
That’s asking a lot from an AD that has largely struggled to make those same relationships to support itself.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
That’s asking a lot from an AD that has largely struggled to make those same relationships to support itself.
Oh 1000% agree.

I’m holding out hope we hire an AD that changes the culture and reshapes the dept, but obviously this is Mason and that’s far from a sure thing.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I really don't understand an AD's role in the NIL. I thought NIL money needed to be out of the hands of the university. What can an AD do to facilitate the development of NIL funds and still stay independent of it? Other than to point the athlete to this: https://gomason.com/news/2021/10/11/athletics-mason.aspx

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I really don't understand an AD's role in the NIL. I thought NIL money needed to be out of the hands of the university. What can an AD do to facilitate the development of NIL funds and still stay independent of it? Other than to point the athlete to this: https://gomason.com/news/2021/10/11/athletics-mason.aspx
We need a Mason NIL committee that has the names, contact, info, addresses (home and work) of every Mason Alum and a fundraising team that looks like this.

sopranos-main.jpg

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The DMV Mafia

3 George's and Mary.

Keep all the top players and coaches in the DMV. Or else.

Tony the Godfather.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
The AD can’t directly contribute funds to the NIL, but they can provide resources (like the link you sent) to help guide and educate athletes. They can also identify potential NIL opportunities thru connections and relationships with businesses. Those businesses would fund the NIL, execute partnerships with the athletes, etc. not the AD.

Adame Sanogo of UConn just signed a deal with Sunoco Racing. I promise you he did not call the CMO of Sunoco himself, or vice versa.

It takes time and effort to identify opportunities, showcase value, build a sponsorship, and execute that sponsorship. Not every brand and every player make sense for each other. Hence the need for resources within the AD who are focused on helping facilitate this process.

Last edited:

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Since the NCAA is all in on NIL can players start putting patches of their sponsors on their jerseys? Maybe a Pfizer or Coke sponsored tattoo?