Welcome AJ WIlson

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wasn’t AJ holding out for a P5 offer before eventually signing with mason? I wonder if he still has the itch to play for a P5. Giant killer just shared a photo AJ’s Instagram pic with a UMD player.

He was offered by Penn State in 2013 and had an offer from Wake Forest, so if he just wanted to play for a P5 he had options.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
He was offered by Penn State in 2013 and had an offer from Wake Forest, so if he just wanted to play for a P5 he had options.

Interesting. I guess things were pretty bad at Wake Forest and Pennsylvania State at those times, but it's not like G Mas was having any success either. Also, in the Wake Forest case, it's Wake Forest. A really good school he turned down...it make me wonder if he really had an offer from there.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Interesting. I guess things were pretty bad at Wake Forest and Pennsylvania State at those times, but it's not like G Mas was having any success either. Also, in the Wake Forest case, it's Wake Forest. A really good school he turned down...it make me wonder if he really had an offer from there.

Were a lot closer to home than both of those as well.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This really has nothing to do with where AJ went or why, but I'm bored waiting for a phone call, so:

2019 Mason acceptance rate: 69%
2019 Wake Forest acceptance rate: 29%
2019 Penn State acceptance rate: 57%

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Sometimes I feel like these boards are on par with Tiger King.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
[
This really has nothing to do with where AJ went or why, but I'm bored waiting for a phone call, so:

Ouch.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Wake has what 8k students? We could be at 29% also, but we want that cash flow. Thus the whole inclusive ideology.

Wake is prolly closer to 4 or 5k. Oh, I'm aware of the G Mas inclusive ideology. We all are.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Penn state main campus is a much lower acceptance rate.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Really? How so? Please elaborate.

Per Wake website, 5,287 undergrad enrollment for 19-20. Definitely a tough nut to crack and get into. On the other hand, you apply to G Mas and get accepted for the most part. I'm not sure if it still holds true, but at one pt. it is/was the easiest school to gain admission to in the Commonwealth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Many factors contribute to a school’s acceptance rate and acceptance rates do not necessarily tell the whole story when evaluating a university's quality of education. Wake has a lower acceptance rate than UVa but I don't think anyone would argue that Wake is a better academic institution.

Some interesting random acceptance rates to compare:

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-31_10-53-2.png
    upload_2020-3-31_10-53-2.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 334

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Really? How so? Please elaborate.

Pablo might be able to confirm if this is still true, but when my dad went there only certain majors got accepted to the main campus their freshman year, the others do their freshman year at a satellite campus.

And just to let you know how long ago that was, my dad had to wear a beanie his freshman year and sing the Alma mater for any upperclassman who asked at any time.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Pablo might be able to confirm if this is still true, but when my dad went there only certain majors got accepted to the main campus their freshman year, the others do their freshman year at a satellite campus.

Penn State's enrollments at the main campus (which I attended all 4 years) and its Commonwealth campuses have increased significantly since I attended. Most students now either attend a Commonwealth campus for the first 2 years before transferring to the main campus, or complete their 4-year graduation requirements at a Commonwealth campus.

When applying for admission, students are encouraged to provide both their first and second campus choices. This increases their chances for acceptance, which I assume DJ3 was indicating.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Penn State's enrollments at the main campus (which I attended all 4 years) and its Commonwealth campuses have increased significantly since I attended. Most students now either attend a Commonwealth campus for the first 2 years before transferring to the main campus, or complete their 4-year graduation requirements at a Commonwealth campus.

When applying for admission, students are encouraged to provide both their first and second campus choices. This increases their chances for acceptance, which I assume DJ3 was indicating.
Thank you for elaborating.