Welcome AJ WIlson

Herndon

All-Conference

College Hoops Central@CBBFan5
·
6h

2019-20 Team MVP:@MasonMBB

Physical, strong, and immensely skilled @Aj12Wilson
has a chance to make MAJOR noise in 2021.

He's coming off his best season in which he earned A-10 Most Improved Player while blocking a ridiculous 2.9 shots per game.

Scary ceiling.

#A10

When did flexing like this become a thing?

It's weird, right?

I see it everywhere, but the "fist facing down" flex is far from the most impressive/intimidating/flattering.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
When did flexing like this become a thing?

It's weird, right?

I see it everywhere, but the "fist facing down" flex is far from the most impressive/intimidating/flattering.
Um...

will-thomas-of-the-george-mason-patriots-celebrates-during-fourth-picture-id57187904

Herndon

All-Conference
LOL, but he's still got his arms bowed.

The first guy I noticed doing the arms straight down thing was RJ Barrett at Duke and now it seems like it's the go-to move.

I mean, CLEARLY unimportant, but interesting to me how these things come about. It seemed like the go-to flex forever was either the "most muscular" pose or the "double bicep" pose.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Lol AJ can flex his calves for all I care as long as he keeps bailing out our defense and throwing down some balls on chin dunks on the other end. Great video guys, enjoyed the series. Would love to see the Jack Tempchkin highlight tape next.

Herndon

All-Conference
Lol AJ can flex his calves for all I care as long as he keeps bailing out our defense and throwing down some balls on chin dunks on the other end. Great video guys, enjoyed the series. Would love to see the Jack Tempchkin highlight tape next.

If he shoots 33% from three this year he can flex his fists into my face, and I'll take it with a smile :)

Pablo

Hall of Famer
With 5 blocked shots in Mason's 66-65 season opener victory over D-II Queens University of Charlotte, redshirt senior AJ Wilson needs just 6 more blocked shots to pass Andre Gaddy and Mike Morrison for second place in career blocked shots at Mason:

Blocked Shots - Career:
1. George Evans: 211
2. Andre Gaddy: 174
Mike Morrison: 174
4. AJ Wilson: 169
5. Erik Copes:122
6. Robert Dykes: 111
7. Rob Rose: 106
8. Louis Birdsong: 101
9. Byron Tucker: 97
10. Jai Lewis: 91
Jalen Jenkins: 91

Last edited:

Pablo

Hall of Famer
With 4 blocked shots (and a game-high 22 points) in Mason's 68-66 home victory today over VMI, redshirt senior AJ Wilson ties Andre Gaddy and Mike Morrison for second place in career blocked shots at Mason:

Blocked Shots - Career:
2. AJ Wilson: 174
Andre Gaddy: 174

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
With 4 blocked shots (and a game-high 22 points) in Mason's 68-66 home victory today over VMI, redshirt senior AJ Wilson ties Andre Gaddy and Mike Morrison for second place in career blocked shots at Mason:

Blocked Shots - Career:

Thanks Pablo.

Of course, when I see this list, I am still baffled that Copes actually is number 5. I just don't remember him being much of anything on the court, and Dykes below him at 6 I remember as a beast, so either my recollection is totally wrong, which is certainly a possibility, or I must have truly blocked out the Copes years, which seem to coincide with the virus ... so just maybe.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Thanks Pablo.

Of course, when I see this list, I am still baffled that Copes actually is number 5. I just don't remember him being much of anything on the court, and Dykes below him at 6 I remember as a beast, so either my recollection is totally wrong, which is certainly a possibility, or I must have truly blocked out the Copes years, which seem to coincide with the virus ... so just maybe.

And then you remember that Copes did that in about 2 and a half seasons.... Between injuries and him leaving the program he didn't play in all that many games.

He really was a monster defensively.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Blocked Shots - Career:
I really hope he gets the record despite the shorter season

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thanks Pablo.

He was a beast until he was undercut by a Drexel player and got a concussion. He had 7 blocks in that game.