Welcome AJ WIlson

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He was a beast until he was undercut by a Drexel player and got a concussion. He had 7 blocks in that game.
Yep, never was the same after that. Was one of the nastiest falls I’ve seen in person in a college game.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Yep, never was the same after that. Was one of the nastiest falls I’ve seen in person in a college game.

Copes also had a congenital hip condition - https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/george-masons-erik-copes-stuck-in-the-blocks:

"Return from hip injury has been quite painful

A surgically repaired hip has rendered George Mason's Erik Copes a shadow of the shot-blocking defensive force he was in his freshman year."

"Copes knew recovery from surgery would be a long process. According to Dr. Thomas Byrd of Nashville, Tenn., who performed the procedure April 19, Copes had femoroacetabular impingement, a condition in which the hip bones are abnormally formed. Over time, they rub against each other and cause damage to the joint. As a result, Copes tore his right labrum in three places last year."

Pablo

Hall of Famer
With 1 blocked shot in the 84-67 loss at St. Bonaventure this afternoon, AJ is the second men's basketball player with 200 career blocked shots at Mason:

Blocked Shots - Career
1. George Evans: 211
2. AJ Wilson: 200
3. Andre Gaddy: 174
Mike Morrison: 174
5. Erik Copes:122
6. Robert Dykes: 111
7. Rob Rose: 106
8. Louis Birdsong: 101
9. Byron Tucker: 97
10. Jai Lewis: 91
Jalen Jenkins: 91

Pablo

Hall of Famer
AJ was Osunniyi's bitch tonight. It's time to stop celebrating individual accomplishment when the TEAM sucks. What has AJ won? Nada, zip, zilch. I realize my opinion may be unpopular but the truth hurts from time to time.

I agree, and I have not been posting as much about individual accomplishments this season. But, 200 career blocked shots is significant IMO. If he ties or breaks George Evans' record for career blocked shots, I will post about it.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Is AJ afraid to shoot the ball now. Seems he is looking to pass first even when open the past few games. He doesn't move nor slash.... seems content just standing out on the perimeter, going through the motions and then going back to try and block shots.

Past 2 games he's scored 6 and 2 and has 2 points at halftime vs. Dayton

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Is AJ afraid to shoot the ball now. Seems he is looking to pass first even when open the past few games. He doesn't move nor slash.... seems content just standing out on the perimeter, going through the motions and then going back to try and block shots.

Past 2 games he's scored 6 and 2 and has 2 points at halftime vs. Dayton

He’s definitely going through the Paulsen senior slump. It’s sad to watch. It’s like he’s not even in the game plan.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You know. Lob over the top. Hand off at the top of the key and hope for the best. Let opponents get to the rim at will. Launch 3's and hope for the best.

I want us to play a game where not a single handoff is done. Have we scored a single point this season on a big rolling or flashing after a screen? I can’t remember a single bucket.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I want us to play a game where not a single handoff is done. Have we scored a single point this season on a big rolling or flashing after a screen? I can’t remember a single bucket.

Kolek hit Oduro rolling for a layup tonight and has done it several times this season, but none of our other guards even look to make that pass

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Kolek hit Oduro rolling for a layup tonight and has done it several times this season, but none of our other guards even look to make that pass

Does AJ even set the screen for this to get started? He would be effective going at the rim off the roll.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

I guess it's good to know someone knows how the offense is supposed to work odd that it's the freshman and not the juniors and seniors on the team.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I guess it's good to know someone knows how the offense is supposed to work odd that it's the freshman and not the juniors and seniors on the team.

The other guards just don’t anticipate well enough ... by the time they finally see the passing lane the help defense has recovered. So annoying.

ephoops

Starter
I recall AJ posting prior to the start of the season that he bulked up to 230 lbs. — something that he was very proud of.

I’d like to see him use that bulk / strength to be more of a dominating presence in the paint and under the basket. He is too content to shoot jumpers and fade away shots.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I recall AJ posting prior to the start of the season that he bulked up to 230 lbs. — something that he was very proud of.

I’d like to see him use that bulk / strength to be more of a dominating presence in the paint and under the basket. He is too content to shoot jumpers and fade away shots.
Agreed, he looks 100% better offensively when he doesn’t fade and shy from contact. Go up strong and eat some contact. Dude can jump outta the gym, it blows my mind he isn’t drop step two foot dunking on dudes every game.