PROVIDENCE UPDATE

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Hate that for him. But realistically, he wasn’t going to get a lot of minutes this year.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Really bummed for justyn. Hopefully he can rehab and be back by mid season. Huge fan of his.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Medical Redshirting makes the most sense if it is indeed a torn ACL as rumored by the Providence Boards. He's already old for his year. He did a semester of post graduation at IMG and a semester at Mason before he started playing. If he wanted to, he potentially could grad-transfer and still have 2 years of elgibilty left and play for Tennessee once KE pulls another Rick Barnes and dips for Knoxville. At least he can come out with a free masters.

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Medical Redshirting makes the most sense if it is indeed a torn ACL as rumored by the Providence Boards. He's already old for his year. He did a semester of post graduation at IMG and a semester at Mason before he started playing. If he wanted to, he potentially could grad-transfer and still have 2 years of elgibilty left and play for Tennessee once KE pulls another Rick Barnes and dips for Knoxville. At least he can come out with a free masters.
He’s definitely gonna get recruited over at Providence. It’s something kids too often don’t take into account when hitching their wagons to charismatic coaches like Kim: The same qualities that made you want to play for a particular coach make it possible for him to sign higher-rated prospects.

Knee injury or not, I did not expect Providence to be Justyn’s last school. He would’ve been better off staying at Mason and developing into an all-conference player in the A-10.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Knee injury or not, I did not expect Providence to be Justyn’s last school. He would’ve been better off staying at Mason and developing into an all-conference player in the A-10.
Any chance Justyn pulls a Kenny Sanders?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He’s definitely gonna get recruited over at Providence. It’s something kids too often don’t take into account when hitching their wagons to charismatic coaches like Kim: The same qualities that made you want to play for a particular coach make it possible for him to sign higher-rated prospects.

He coulda been a contenda!

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I was referring to transferring to Oklahoma (or was it Ok St.?), then transferring back.
I knew Sanders transferred from Oklahoma to Mason, but was not aware he had previously been at Mason. That’s a long, strange trip.