MIAMI UPDATE

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
@JonRothstein: Virginia holds Miami to 26 percent shooting in 65-40 win. Hurricanes also did not make a 3-pt FG. Cavs now 24-5, 15-1 in ACC play.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Miami now at 14-14, 5-10 ACC...it will be interesting to see if they can finish .500 with NC State and Clemson to go on the road plus Wake at home, then the ACC Tourney.

Very poor coaching job by Larranaga this year. The people that value him over Mason on the boards must feel humiliated and embarrassed. Sure they have a little better record than Mason's terrible record this year--with an easier schedule.

Miami now at 14-14, 5-10 ACC...it will be interesting to see if they can finish .500 with NC State and Clemson to go on the road plus Wake at home, then the ACC Tourney.

Very poor coaching job by Larranaga this year. The people that value him over Mason on the boards must feel humiliated and embarrassed. Sure they have a little better record than Mason's terrible record this year--with an easier schedule.

I give credit for an amazing run of sarcastic posts in this thread. Hysterical

expendable smurf

Four-star Recruit
Miami is currently the slowest paced team in all of basketball. I know Larranaga wasn't exactly uptempo when he was here but I don't recall us being painfully slow. Or is my memory wrong?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If Miami played Mason this year, Miami would win b/c they have the better coach.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

I'm trying to stay positive, but if you were an AD, how long would it take you to choose between Larranaga & Hewitt? Would it take as long as it took to type your post?

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
I'm trying to stay positive, but if you were an AD, how long would it take you to choose between Larranaga & Hewitt? Would it take as long as it took to type your post?

Oh my gosh Hewitt. He's 50, whereas Larranaga is a 64 year-old who has shown signs of decreased mental capacity.

A lot of people have no idea what Jim does when he's relaxing. He takes his lovely wife to the movies and shovels buttered popcorn in his maw.

I love the guy, but it would be outright surprising if he isn't laid up like Hyman Roth by 2016 max.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Oh my gosh Hewitt. He's 50, whereas Larranaga is a 64 year-old who has shown signs of decreased mental capacity.

A lot of people have no idea what Jim does when he's relaxing. He takes his lovely wife to the movies and shovels buttered popcorn in his maw.

I love the guy, but it would be outright surprising if he isn't laid up like Hyman Roth by 2016 max.

We will agree to disagree on this. BTW, I'm older than Larranaga, and believe that he could be an effective coach for several more years if he's so motivated.

But, why revel in his difficulties this season considering what he's done for your alma mater?

KAOriginal

All-American
Then can we talk Shaka Smart? Right now on CBS he's the feature of the 1/2 hour special "The Men of March."

Ts a six part series featuring Calipari, Williams, Izzo, Pitino, Donovand Smart....

Last edited:
OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Miami with a nice win on the road over the Wolfpack as three point underdogs. I took NC State but also took the over, so whatever.

Jimmy L adds five more minutes to his basketball and living life expectancy with the win.

Harry

Starter
Then can we talk Shaka Smart? Right now on CBS he's the feature of the 1/2 hour special "The Men of March."

Ts a six part series featuring Calipari, Williams, Izzo, Pitino, Donovand Smart....
Is that Gary or Roy? One's a coach, the other's a recruiter.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Oh I forgot to mention...Miami's 40 point output the other night was its worst since 1994. Word is the Miami administrators were not happy and made L scrap his low-tempo approach, which fortunately paid off as L went more with a Westhead approach to get 85 in Raleigh.

I think as long as L is forced to continue to go away from his initial strategies that have failed so utterly this year, the Hurricanes have a chance to finish .500.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Oh I forgot to mention...Miami's 40 point output the other night was its worst since 1994. Word is the Miami administrators were not happy and made L scrap his low-tempo approach, which fortunately paid off as L went more with a Westhead approach to get 85 in Raleigh.

I think as long as L is forced to continue to go away from his initial strategies that have failed so utterly this year, the Hurricanes have a chance to finish .500.

Up tempo, low tempo, no tempo ... he's still a thousand times better than the guy hired to succeed him.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
L with ANOTHER loss to slip back down to .500.

Word is there is an emergency meeting on campus Wednesday to decide what to do about the moribund Hurricane program.

It's not so much the mediocre results, it's just that they're paying L so darn much.