MIAMI UPDATE

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
MIAMI BLOWING THEM OUT, BOYZ!!!!

56-42

So it will take at least two-plus years for us to recover from whatever Hewitt leaves us with...this much we're starting to figure out.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Kobe, Lebron, and D-Wade are attending the Miami/Duke game tonight. Hewitt sends soooo many players to the NBA, lets get some of them into the Patriot Center. Can't hurt to have some recruits there at the same time.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Kobe, Lebron, and D-Wade are attending the Miami/Duke game tonight. Hewitt sends soooo many players to the NBA, lets get some of them into the Patriot Center. Can't hurt to have some recruits there at the same time.

Kobe and LeBron didn't even go to college and D-Wade went to Marquette...but other then that, yeah...

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Kobe threw up the "U" when they showed him on TV.

As a huge Lakers fan.... WTF. Kobe is dead to me

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Wow, L with another loss, down to 10-10 overall and 2-6 in the ACC. Despite giving him a win at Miami, protégé James Johnson now 1-7 in the ACC and probably going to be canned after this year as well.

Really disappointing. With both of our main teams down (Mason and Miami), do we start giving to vcu? Or, do we jump on the Seahawks bandwagon and just buy a lot of Hawks gear?

Good news, though. L scheduled a big old cupcake for his next game, home to Norfolk State, so I guess he won't go under .500 just yet.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Meh. Larranaga often struggled when his team was young but he often won with a senior-laden team. Would love to bring back the good old days when we mostly only complained when our coach had a young team.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wow, L with another loss, down to 10-10 overall and 2-6 in the ACC. Despite giving him a win at Miami, protégé James Johnson now 1-7 in the ACC and probably going to be canned after this year as well.

Really disappointing. With both of our main teams down (Mason and Miami), do we start giving to vcu? Or, do we jump on the Seahawks bandwagon and just buy a lot of Hawks gear?

Good news, though. L scheduled a big old cupcake for his next game, home to Norfolk State, so I guess he won't go under .500 just yet.

I don't root for Larranaga either. Let's face it though, nobody expected his team to do much this year. GMU on the other hand, had some people optimistic. Larranaga would at least have this current GMU team in the right mental frame of mind. He can do it with seniors.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
I won a fortune last night, although L lost ANOTHER close game.

Miami falls to 2-7 and into a tie for 13th in the conference, ahead of only James Johnson (dead man walking) and Virginia Tech. VT's lone conference win? At Miami.

An extremely poorly coached year by Mr. Larranaga, although I thank him for keeping last night within the spread.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
2-7 you say?

I'm jealous right now. Wish we could be 2-7.

Someday we will be. Someday.

Well, L isn't doing much worse than expected with this team, which was picked 12th in the preseason. Just not sure how things are going to get much better for at least a couple years down there. L loses his top three scorers off this year's team, and the young talent down there seems solid, but not overwhelming.

Someday we will be. Someday.

Well, L isn't doing much worse than expected with this team, which was picked 12th in the preseason. Just not sure how things are going to get much better for at least a couple years down there. L loses his top three scorers off this year's team, and the young talent down there seems solid, but not overwhelming.

His recruits coming in are solid though. Gearing up for 2015-16 and beyond is my guess.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Oh I forgot:

Miami loses again to fall to 0-6 at home in ACC conference games.

At this point, it's fair to ask. If Hewitt has been a disaster this season (he has) at 8-15, how bad has L been at 11-12 with a weaker rated schedule so far than George Mason?

Pretty bad, I would say.

Here's another fun fact, did you know Miami is the only ACC team to start three seniors?

I mean, it's fair to ask: since L would be asking for his sixth raise in eight years in 2014 at Mason, would he have been even worth it to retain, even as bad as Hewitt is?

Discuss.