Giant Killer Updates

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What is the deal with a practice in Capital One Tower? It's interesting and I'd like to know the details regarding the why and what-for. Clue me in.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What is the deal with a practice in Capital One Tower? It's interesting and I'd like to know the details regarding the why and what-for. Clue me in.

Attachments

• Capital One.jpg
    Capital One.jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 410
OP
By George.

By George.

Starter

So the guy in charge of the entire Cap One HQ project is a Mason Alum.

Also, they have a tight Final Four mural on the wall at their basketball court located at Cap One HQ. I'm sure they chose the Mason picture to highlight a historic event that was held at Verizon/Cap One Arena.
fit

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Was this an e-mail to season tix holders? If so, I guess I missed the note.
...and we play so well in practice. :(

Last edited:

Dawgs99

Starter
So the guy in charge of the entire Cap One HQ project is a Mason Alum.

Also, they have a tight Final Four mural on the wall at their basketball court located at Cap One HQ. I'm sure they chose the Mason picture to highlight a historic event that was held at Verizon/Cap One Arena.
fit

This mural would look bad a** in the practice facility.....there's plenty of wall space left!

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
ByG,

Is there a question ready to be fired about Mar? Are we ready to ask whats going on there? Hasnt scored in any A10 game or barely has. Looks lost on offense. Inquiring minds want to know.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
ByG,

Is there a question ready to be fired about Mar? Are we ready to ask whats going on there? Hasnt scored in any A10 game or barely has. Looks lost on offense. Inquiring minds want to know.

It has to be mental at this point. You don't go from being a scorer and elite defender to not knowing how to play the game of basketball. He probably needs a psychologist to help him out.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It has to be mental at this point. You don't go from being a scorer and elite defender to not knowing how to play the game of basketball. He probably needs a psychologist to help him out.

I think it's completely mental at this point based solely on how active he is defensively. Although I know an injury hampered his game season last year, Mar appears to have lost the mental capacity and confidence to be effective. I kind of joked with people in my section a few games ago to try to count higher than 2 when he gets the ball and passes it to somebody else. It's like a game of hot potato where he wants nothing to do with having to make an offensive move.

Sadly, this really isn't that uncommon in sports, and it's happened to the greatest of pro athletes. And I'm sure all of these guys wouldn't wish the "yips" on their worst enemy.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/20...who-got-yips-and-how-their-careers-worked-out

Last edited:
OP
By George.

By George.

Starter
ByG,

How would you realistically phrase the question?

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Coach, Goanar Mar looked like he was headed to be a standout player in his freshman year. This year he has struggled to even make a basket in A10 play, scoring only X total points. Can you share your thoughts on why he is struggling so much on the offensive side of the court?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
you can't without coming off as an absolute prick. that is a bad subject. I am sure Paulsen isn't dumb enough to deny Mar is the worst player on the court whenever he goes in. I am sure Goanar realizes it too. whole situation is sad.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This scenario is not one of the many that tie into Paulsen being a C- recruiter. Mar could very clearly play his freshman year. He now can very clearly not play at all. Whether it is the yips or maybe he is going thru something mentally idk.. has to be beyond basketball skill though. there is no way you get that much worse naturally.

to a much lesser extent look at Marcus Evans for vcu this year.. dude is not 1/2 as good as he used to be after his 7th ACL injury... still much better than Mar, but he is currently being outplayed by their true freshman. again different scenario but it happens elsewhere.