Giant Killer Updates

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You said the program is in the basement but now you guys are "hyped"?

I mean, if you like CBB outside of Mason, to see Dayton, URI, Richmond, vcu, and maybe Bona all fight it out in Brooklyn is pretty exciting.

Sucks we won't be a part of that party, but there will be good basketball to be had, and good food, good drinks and good company.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
On March 11th Mason athletics is having an event at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott starting at 630, probably after the play in game loss. I'm planning on being there. We'll see about the PIG itself and anything else.

FreeGunston12

All-American

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They did a show about it. I remember they being surprised Marko made the list.

If we are going to re-litigate give me a starting 5 of Allen, Cam, Sherrod, Pearson, Shevon with a bench of Otis, Marquise, Grayer, AJ, Jenkins.

It’s nice you can sneak Cam Long on there for his senior season. Maybe Kier makes the bench over Grayer, but I also like Grayer’s size and help-defense on the blind side (those blocks he used to have coming in from behind were money) and ability to bomb from the outside.

of note, four of 5 starters are coach L guys.

FreeGunston12

All-American
If we are going to re-litigate give me a starting 5 of Allen, Cam, Sherrod, Pearson, Shevon with a bench of Otis, Marquise, Grayer, AJ, Jenkins.

It’s nice you can sneak Cam Long on there for his senior season. Maybe Kier makes the bench over Grayer, but I also like Grayer’s size and help-defense on the blind side (those blocks he used to have coming in from behind were money) and ability to bomb from the outside.

of note, four of 5 starters are coach L guys.
Your disrespect for Mike Mo is baffling.

Give me Morrison as the starting 5, bump Shevon to bench, bump Jenkins out (barely). Hancock in, Grayer out. Kier is right on the outside with Jenkins as well and I could understand an argument for either of them.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Your disrespect for Mike Mo is baffling.

Give me Morrison as the starting 5, bump Shevon to bench, bump Jenkins out (barely). Hancock in, Grayer out. Kier is right on the outside with Jenkins as well and I could understand an argument for either of them.

No disrespect for Moe, but if I'm using a big who is basically a space-eating defender who will destroy the other teams physically, I'm picking Shevon. Moe was a better passer, but Shevon is just a physical freak.

Jenkins has more offensive skill then either Shevon or Moe, so that's why he's on my bench. When Shevon comes out, Jenkins comes in and now defenses have to respect his offensive skillset and can change the dynamics of the game (he was also freakishly strong for his size).

I thought about Hancock, but he left after his sophomore season so I left him off because we didn't get Hancock's best (he gave that to Louisville).

OP
By George.

By George.

Starter
I thought about Hancock, but he left after his sophomore season so I left him off because we didn't get Hancock's best (he gave that to Louisville).

Was Luke the best player Mason has had in 20 years? Even in just his 2 seasons, the way he could both rise up and dunk and throw an alley were unique to anything I’ve seen at Mason.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Was Luke the best player Mason has had in 20 years? Even in just his 2 seasons, the way he could both rise up and dunk and throw an alley were unique to anything I’ve seen at Mason.
If he stayed all 4 years, he'd probably be #1. I mean he did go on to win NCAA tournament MOP.

Hancock missing the Ohio St game has got to be one of the worst singular events to happen to this program.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Super high basketball IQ player. He's on my starting five if he stayed all four seasons.