Game 27: GMU (13-13 / 6-7) vs GW (11-15 / 7-7) on Sunday, February 27, at 2:30PM.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I just realized there was a game going on. I just saw the score. I don't have time to read this thread, but I am sure our fans were upbeat and positive. Go Team!

We shot 1-19 from 3 at one point. The sleepypick put something in their Gatorade and we got a little hot. Nobody had anything funny to say while we were losing and left me here hanging alone. Then a win was in hand and the wimps came out...the cowards are probably holding out. (Total sarcasm here since most seem to have slow brain)

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Our point guards combined for 3 assists and 4 turnovers. I think the last GW game was a similar ratio. Maybe their defense deserves more credit than I gave then. Box score says rough game for Polite, but I thought he looked better than I expected.

Also rough game for XJ, but I was harder on his play than I should have been a month ago. He's had a good run since then

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Lucky, sometimes not good and you still get the win. Hilarious listening to a GW fan right behind me saying they would find a way to lose. Well, they did. Mason has no chance unless all 4 of our "big" guys play well. Tonight Oduro and Schwartz (2nd half) were enough to carry us. Gaines and Cooper gave us nothing offensively. Truth be told we are a REALLY limited team. I'll take the win and move on but anyone thinking this team can win it all lives in fantasy land. Just being real.

Last edited:

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Went to the game. The crowd really sucked. But exciting last few minutes

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Went to the game. The crowd really sucked. But exciting last few minutes
The crowd at this game didn't have much to give because there was so little to give it to. Glad Mason ended up taking out GWs garbage, but that game had no business being as close as it was. But, here we are.

I hope Mason just shook off the chimps clawing their backs. Ticket and Coop need to find themselves again real soon, or we're dog-meat in the A10 Tourney no matter who our first opponent will be. One has to shoot one's way out of a rut—keep on keeping on.

Perfect game, my GW +11 won easily and Mason also won, albeit not-that-easily.

When Oduro is that sick, we should probably beat GW by 20. Shots just weren't there today and the defense wasn't great for the middle portion of the game.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Finally sitting down to watch the game, should I save myself and my dry walk and just fast forward to 5 mins left in the second half?

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I’m starting to feel like the team has become too reliant on Josh. Teams are regularly double and triple-teaming him and he’s still finding a way, but we need more balance in order to beat the better teams.

Irish44j

Sixth Man
The crowd at this game didn't have much to give because there was so little to give it to. Glad Mason ended up taking out GWs garbage, but that game had no business being as close as it was. But, here we are.

I hope Mason just shook off the chimps clawing their backs. Ticket and Coop need to find themselves again real soon, or we're dog-meat in the A10 Tourney no matter who our first opponent will be. One has to shoot one's way out of a rut—keep on keeping on.
Even with minimal scoring, Ticket always hauls down tough rebounds, makes most of his free throws, takes a couple charges, and plays high-energy D against the other team's best player. Think of him as our Dennis Rodman Rodman only averaged double-digit scoring one year in his whole career, but he was a key part of a lot of successful teams' success.

Coop, however, doesn't bring those attributes to the table to any real degree. He needs to get his scoring going again.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Our point guards combined for 3 assists and 4 turnovers. I think the last GW game was a similar ratio. Maybe their defense deserves more credit than I gave then. Box score says rough game for Polite, but I thought he looked better than I expected.

Also rough game for XJ, but I was harder on his play than I should have been a month ago. He's had a good run since then

XJ had 12 points and 6 assists in the first game.

Irish44j

Sixth Man
The zero fouls on Josh was nice to see, but also worth remembering that the guy he was covering was zero threat to score and (to my recollection) didn't make a single scoring move to the hoop the entire game, and their guards looks pretty careful to pass the ball out if they came inside and Oduro was there. Never really tried to take it directly at him as some other teams have - which makes sense since Bamisile and Bishop are mostly outside sharpshooters and it's what they're best at - not dribble penetration.

It's going to be a lot tougher to keep JO out of foul trouble against Brajkovich when we play Davidson, I suspect.

Irish44j

Sixth Man
XJ had 12 points and 6 assists in the first game.
I kinda wonder if KE is playing Polite a lot more right now so he has two PGs ready to play when the tournament starts. These last few games don't matter THAT much in the grand scheme of things. This team only goes to the dance via running the tables at at A10 tourney.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Even with minimal scoring, Ticket always hauls down tough rebounds, makes most of his free throws, takes a couple charges, and plays high-energy D against the other team's best player. Think of him as our Dennis Rodman Rodman only averaged double-digit scoring one year in his whole career, but he was a key part of a lot of successful teams' success.

Coop, however, doesn't bring those attributes to the table to any real degree. He needs to get his scoring going again.
Gaines has made 35 treys this season for third-best on the team, but he also shoots threes at over 40% for the best mark among his teammates. Gaines needs to shoot, just as CKE is telling him to do. There's no reason that Ticket can't defend at a high level AND nail three of four from behind the arc per gaMe—shoot it my man!