Game 27: GMU (13-13 / 6-7) vs GW (11-15 / 7-7) on Sunday, February 27, at 2:30PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GW is currently 11-15 on the season and 7-7 in A10 play. They are 7-5 at home, 3-8 on the road, and 1 - 2 at neutral sites.

History: Including tournament play GMU is just 6-12 vs GW as a member of the A10.

We lost to the Colonials 77-76 when we played them at GW on January 12. Josh Oduro did not play in that game. We were just 4-16 from 3 and 12-19 from the foul line. We lost despite out rebounding the Colonials by 11. Joe Bamisile and James Bishop were unstoppable scoring 26 and 23 points respectively. Brayon Freeman chipped in 13 for GW. D’Shawn Schwartz paced us with 27 points.
Box score:
Schedule: https://gwsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Roster: https://gwsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats: https://gwsports.com/documents/2021/11/10//2021_22_MBB_Notes_Part1.pdf?id=4608

GW averages 66.8 points per game while giving up 71.3. The Colonials shoot 42.6% from the floor and 32.4% from 3. Opponents are shooting 44.4% from the field and 31.2% from 3. The Colonials shoot 68.9% from the free throw line. GW has been out rebounded their opponents by 5.9 boards per game. They average 12.4 turnovers per contest.

The game is on USA.

My prediction: We need to get this one to stop the bleeding. We’ve lost 6 out of the last 8, two of which we had no business losing. We show some heart and pull out a close one. GMU 71 - GW 70.

Discuss.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m nervous. Should win, but this isn’t a gimme. We do play much better at home so I think we get back on track.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This one wont be easy. Local rivalry game and for once actually a lot on the line seeding wise.

IzzyWikis

Four-star Recruit
Must win. Another Sunday game so hopefully the extra day of rest helps, though it didn't seem to matter last weekend. I see yet another squeaker due to lots of missed FTs on our part, but we pull it out at home:

Mason 67 - GW 65

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If we can relax and play hard we can win. However, we haven't seemed relaxed since season started. Frustration growing. Opponents have a better idea of what CKE is doing and are easily countering it. Defense an issue late in the year. Can't shoot FT's. All bc we are tired? I dunno about that. Bonnies are looking real good with starters playing even more mins than us. They look all in. Us? not so much. maybe worried about getting POY and/or the scoring title? Is it CKE himeself not being able to counter punch other coaches (no Pun intended)....seems like entire program is in a rut. Saw the trainer fumble the tape last night.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Anyone know if this will be on the radio? and if so, how I can listen? I'll be driving home during the game.

I've got two tickets and gold room passes available for this one -- let me know if you are interested.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Anyone know if this will be on the radio? and if so, how I can listen? I'll be driving home during the game.

I've got two tickets and gold room passes available for this one -- let me know if you are interested.
Link to listen on the schedule page, don't know about radio. I've asked friends about interest in the tickets......

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

You can usually stream right off of wgmuradio.com - but in the car sometimes it cuts on and off.

Hey I notice shitbox Oh George with their fun exclamation point in the title are catering.

Does that mean they are going to actually sponsor the University and the athletic program they leech off of across the street? Pandemic must have them actually using their brains, good for them.

Now hire some staff that aren't complete weasel little cockbags and maybe business will increase! I mean, I wouldn't eat there, but maybe some of you iceholes will.

FreeGunston12

All-American
IF we lose this game tomorrow, what does it say about us?

We haven't won a non-overtime game since January. 2-6 overall in February.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

The same stuff many of us thought this year would be with half a team of a10 players that have been figured out by now.

Choppy year, glimpses of hope. Either they win tomorrow and beat a rival which would be nice or they continue to slide.

Lot of work to do as a program still to get the roster turned over and performance where it needs to be.

NewPatriot

Starter

That isnt going to happen. Mason's lost 6 games by 6 pts or less. Oduro and his 18 ppg were out that day and mason lost by one. They coming off a close loss at the stu in which they played pretty damn well. They are going to win this one. Book it.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Kenpom has Mason favored by 10., as does VegasInsider.

Sagarin is hard to figure...Mason by 13 although if you look at the "Recent" ratings it's pretty much dead even.

Last edited:

Irish44j

Sixth Man
JO looking good when he's looking to score but needs to be a little bit more careful on telegraphing the long passes. These guys are definitely jumping the lanes.