Game 26: #12 ranked St. Louis, Feb 19th, 7 PM, NBCSN

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We haven't won a home game in 47 days.

And for any remaining Hewitt holdouts, this should serve as a steaming hot cup of STFU.

We stand a legit chance of going 0-fer our A-10 home schedule, even though playing on the road in this league is supposed to be brutal, and we're gonna bring Bozo back for another season of this nonsense?

Clean house now, and let the healing begin.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Gmubrian's juju is fading.... can't fight smurf and home court disadvantage any longer......

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
My name is MasonFanatic and I have been Hewitt sober since approximately 7:15 pm on Saturday.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm really considering not going tonight. I feel a cold coming on and it'll only get worse if I go to the game, either from the screaming or the drinking I'll be forced to do afterwards.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=25200&ATCLID=209409745
“You’ve got to come out and make plays all the time. This whole idea that because we did well last game, we’re going to do well this game? Not anymore. Teams are so good. Nobody wins on reputation anymore in all of college basketball. You do it with effort and execution.

“Our play and execution wasn’t as good as Saint Bonaventure’s. It was better at Duquesne and UMass. That’s why we won those games. We’re going to have to play well again. St Louis isn’t coming in here thinking, ‘Oh, these guys almost beat us.’ They’re thinking, ‘Let’s see you do it again.’”

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=25200&ATCLID=209409745
“You’ve got to come out and make plays all the time. This whole idea that because we did well last game, we’re going to do well this game? Not anymore. Teams are so good. Nobody wins on reputation anymore in all of college basketball. You do it with effort and execution.

“Our play and execution wasn’t as good as Saint Bonaventure’s. It was better at Duquesne and UMass. That’s why we won those games. We’re going to have to play well again. St Louis isn’t coming in here thinking, ‘Oh, these guys almost beat us.’ They’re thinking, ‘Let’s see you do it again.’”

Maybe I am parsing it too much, but sounds an awful lot like blaming the players.

If you were teaching guys fundamentals, wouldn't good play in one game start to carry over to the next?

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Maybe I am parsing it too much, but sounds an awful lot like blaming the players.

If you were teaching guys fundamentals, wouldn't good play in one game start to carry over to the next?

He also mentions in the article that St. Louis is a "..veteran team. They make plays". Well, I'm sorry Hewitt, but if you haven't noticed we have a veteran team and routinely don't make plays down the stretch of games. The idea that "they're a veteran team so they make plays" is bull****.

I agree with gmubrian...good fundamentals and solid play should start to carry over to the next game. It's like that in almost every sport. This years St. Louis team and our 2011 team are perfect examples...both teams started playing well and it carried over to the next game...leading to long winning streaks.

Hewitt has no idea what he's talking about or doing right now. GTFO dude.