Game 26: #12 ranked St. Louis, Feb 19th, 7 PM, NBCSN

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
There are other events at the arena. For example, Lady Antebellum is playing there tonight, and they are pretty popular. Neil Diamond has played at the PC in years past.

The acoustics at the Patriot Center are great. I've seen Heart there twice, Supertramp, Joe Walsh and future Rock and Roll Hall of Famers The Wiggles.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
... and future Rock and Roll Hall of Famers The Wiggles.
Now that Rush has finally overcome whatever political obstacle prevented them from being in it from the beginning, the Wiggles have to be the next one on the "why are they not in yet" list.

Last edited:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Now that Rush has finally overcome whatever political obstacle prevented them from being in it from the beginning, the Wiggles have to the next one on the "why are they not in yet" list.

They truly are the Beatles of their generation. Their song Fruit Salad was way before its time, as evidenced by the 17 millions views of their cutting-edge music video.

Patriotfan49

Starter
There are other events at the arena. For example, Lady Antebellum is playing there tonight, and they are pretty popular. Neil Diamond has played at the PC in years past.

Understood, for a multi purpose arena is great. Its a great place to go see concerts, shows and even games. But just for bball too big, but I still would take it over alot of places.

Down the road if a new arena is built it would be perfect around the 7-7500 mark.

Patriotfan49

Starter
I'm not saying once we start winning the Pat Dome will be filled to capacity. It rarely is..2-3 games a year if were lucky. We could and should easily get 7k into that place every game if we were winning.

I think your expectations are a little out of wack. Id be curious to see the numbers of our past years and I would assume even in the final four and 2011 team with our long win streak that we werent averaging more than around 5-6k.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think your expectations are a little out of wack. Id be curious to see the numbers of our past years and I would assume even in the final four and 2011 team with our long win streak that we werent averaging more than around 5-6k.

Our highest attendance average was 6800 in the 2006-2007 season just after the Final Four. It might be a little unrealistic to think that's what we should average, but if we built a consistent winner not completely out of the realm of possibility.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If we knew how to finish games we'd have a top four record and a closer to 7k vs St. Louis. But there's no life or energy around this program.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Our highest attendance average was 6800 in the 2006-2007 season just after the Final Four. It might be a little unrealistic to think that's what we should average, but if we built a consistent winner not completely out of the realm of possibility.

So at a time where interest was probably at an all time high for the program we averaged 6800.

I dont doubt we could get up there with a consistent winner, but to act as if its "Easily" done is ridiculous and out of touch. Not to mention, very far off and ALOT has to change from the man on the sidelines to AD decisions and marketing strategies. It will take time to rebuild and get the Hewitt stench off and slowly build interest back up....even if we are consistently winning.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
So at a time where interest was probably at an all time high for the program we averaged 6800.

I dont doubt we could get up there with a consistent winner, but to act as if its "Easily" done is ridiculous and out of touch. Not to mention, very far off and ALOT has to change from the man on the sidelines to AD decisions and marketing strategies. It will take time to rebuild and get the Hewitt stench off and slowly build interest back up....even if we are consistently winning.

I understand that a lot needs to happen to increase attendance on a consistent basis. Winning is #1 though...I never expect there to be 10k on a consistent basis. But with the uptick in competition we should see more people in the seats. If I was still in the area I'd have bought season tix and would be at every game. But, most people aren't like the majority of us fans on these boards.

And I agree, if a new arena were to enter discussion a 7-7500 seat place would be ideal. Similar to the Ryan Center at URI.

Patriotfan49

Starter
I understand that a lot needs to happen to increase attendance on a consistent basis. Winning is #1 though...I never expect there to be 10k on a consistent basis. But with the uptick in competition we should see more people in the seats. If I was still in the area I'd have bought season tix and would be at every game. But, most people aren't like the majority of us fans on these boards.

And I agree, if a new arena were to enter discussion a 7-7500 seat place would be ideal. Similar to the Ryan Center at URI.

Thats the question not for us but the AD. Most the posters here are the ones going to games, and supporting.....its how they go out and get more and more people to build on that.

Most of us here are, or would be..were included in that 4k that showed up to see us play the #10 team in the country.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Our attendance for the 2010-2011 season (our last really great season was 5800. About 6,000-6,100 is probably about what we could expect from a good program. Interestingly, this average is comparable to Temple and Richmond.

89. Richmond 5,959
90. Temple 5,925
91. George Mason 5,896

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Thats the question not for us but the AD. Most the posters here are the ones going to games, and supporting.....its how they go out and get more and more people to build on that.

Most of us here are, or would be..were included in that 4k that showed up to see us play the #10 team in the country.

Couldn't agree more.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
ESPN College BBall ‏@ESPNCBB 3m
AP Top 10: 1 Florida (47) 2 Wichita State (14) 3 Arizona (4) 4 Syracuse 5 Kansas 6 Duke 7 Louisville 8 Villanova 9 Creighton 10 Saint Louis

smccart5

Starter
If we win, attendance will go up. Since I've been a fan, we've never been REALLY good (06-07). A lot of times we were on the cusp of being really good, but then would get a bad loss and it would sort of deflate the balloon.

In order for attendance to go up, we need the casual bball fan to realize that George Mason is good...not the fan who follows every game so they know we've won two straight..

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
ESPN College BBall ‏@ESPNCBB 3m
AP Top 10: 1 Florida (47) 2 Wichita State (14) 3 Arizona (4) 4 Syracuse 5 Kansas 6 Duke 7 Louisville 8 Villanova 9 Creighton 10 Saint Louis
Can you imagine if the Valley had had two Top 10 teams? Stupid Big East