Game 26: #12 ranked St. Louis, Feb 19th, 7 PM, NBCSN

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It does help address our home court disadvantage.

I do believe many here have been misusing the TMac Law of Home Court Disadvantage all season which actually states that, "a superior team will have a disadvantage at home when facing an obviously inferior opponent when a) the fans in attendance are disengaged and apathetic and b) the visiting team views the game as its "super bowl."

psyclone

Hall of Famer
No. There's hardly any promoting going on.

I won't complain--got my $2 hot dog at the Green concession stand and my t-shirt backpack (sponsored by Verizon, given to the first 1,000 at the game). Both were "advertised" on the gomason website but I didn't hear anything about it that would have gone to "outsiders" (radio, tv).

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This game was heartbreaking because we were in it. This would have been a great win coming off a UMASS win and what should have been a St. Bonaventure win. I would also feel better if we have gotten blown out in our losses. But leading at half and keeping close or even going into overtime is just as bad as slamming your nuts in the car door.

Patriotfan49

Starter
No bitterness here. Just an observation. I worked for the Patriot Center from '88 to '97. Our group was responsible for counting ticket stubs for every event, before scanners were used, and we'd always guess the attendance before we came up with the final number. Trust me, I can tell the difference between 3K & 4K and there were not 4K in the Dome last night.

We heard you the first 10 times you have said how good you are at guessing the crowd. Uncle......

Sorry 49. My post was in response to someone else saying there was easily 4K at the game.

That was me. And I still don't buy less than 4K in the arena on Wednesday. Sorry, maybe you've lost your touch a bit since 1997....I mean, that IS 17 years ago.....

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
That was me. And I still don't buy less than 4K in the arena on Wednesday. Sorry, maybe you've lost your touch a bit since 1997....I mean, that IS 17 years ago.....
I used to way overestimate the number in attendance, underestimating the large numbers of empty seats distributed throughout the arena. XTSG's numbers have always been dead on. If he says there were less than 4k, then there were less than 4k.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023

Does it really matter? 3k, 4k, or 5k are all still horrendous attendance numbers. We need to start winning some damn basketball games to remedy this issue..we can all agree on that.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Does it really matter? 3k, 4k, or 5k are all still horrendous attendance numbers. We need to start winning some damn basketball games to remedy this issue..we can all agree on that.

Not really. The A10 average is a bit more than 5k a game. We arent going to be having 10k come to a Mason game, no matter how good we are. Pat dome is nice and all, but its just too large for what we need. Somewhere topping out at like 7k would be perfect.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
It is time we replace the green and yellow seats with black. It isn't as obvious that no one is in the upper seats when it is dark.
711.JPG

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
thompson_boling.jpg

UT used to have orange seats and they would put a black curtain up to hide the upper decks so it wouldn't be obvious the arena was only half full.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Yeah but a lot of the arenas are around 5k or 6k. No one wants our attendance to go back to mid 90s levels

I understand that......which is why I wrote that the Pat Center is too big. But the point was to just show the attendance isnt that far off fromt he normal.

I used to way overestimate the number in attendance, underestimating the large numbers of empty seats distributed throughout the arena. XTSG's numbers have always been dead on. If he says there were less than 4k, then there were less than 4k.

Perhaps XTSG could call up the ticket office and just tell them flat out they are liars then....

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It is time we replace the green and yellow seats with black. It isn't as obvious that no one is in the upper seats when it is dark.
711.JPG
Love the idea. However, at some point the university needs to decide either to gut the Patriot Center (add suites, black seats, new roof, etc) or build a new arena. For the money it would take to gut it and do it right, might it not be better to just build a new one next door (with a practice facility)?

I posted this elsewhere, but if DC wins the bid for the 2024 Olympics, that can only help us as Mason will host some type of event. Funds will be appropriated for either upgrades or toward building the new arena.
Problem is, we are still two years away from the USOC selecting a city to present to the IOC and three years away from the IOC awarding the Games. My gut tells me that El Presidente and the new AD will wait to see what happens with the DC Olympic bid before doing anything major with our arena. At least I would.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I understand that......which is why I wrote that the Pat Center is too big. But the point was to just show the attendance isnt that far off fromt he normal.

There are other events at the arena. For example, Lady Antebellum is playing there tonight, and they are pretty popular. Neil Diamond has played at the PC in years past.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Perhaps XTSG could call up the ticket office and just tell them flat out they are liars then....
If I recall correctly, XTSG used to be part of the process of coming up with the officially reported numbers, so he knows how the game is played

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023

I'm not saying once we start winning the Pat Dome will be filled to capacity. It rarely is..2-3 games a year if were lucky. We could and should easily get 7k into that place every game if we were winning.