Game 26: #12 ranked St. Louis, Feb 19th, 7 PM, NBCSN

mason2k1

Starter
Another thing from their boards:
Hewitt coached his arse off and I'm not sure the technical was all that deserved.
Well, I believe that's a bit biased.
We almost beat them...twice
Of course they're going to say that Hewitt did an amazing job, and our players really stepped up, and the stars aligned, and...

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Disclaimer: I don't have an advertising background. But it seems to me that you'd hit a point of diminishing returns pretty quickly with a product like a college basketball team. The only thing that consistently puts butts in seats is winning. Advertise all you want, people still won't turn out for a team that's 2-10 in conference.

MasonCrew

Starter
Our boys have heart, and I am proud of them for never quitting. Hewitt too has passion in his own way. Unfortunately, we don't hand out trophies for effort in college.

mason2k1

Starter
Disclaimer: I don't have an advertising background. But it seems to me that you'd hit a point of diminishing returns pretty quickly with a product like a college basketball team. The only thing that consistently puts butts in seats is winning. Advertise all you want, people still won't turn out for a team that's 2-10 in conference.
I went to see what a top 10 team plays like.
Glad I did.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
As did I, but it's not like Kentucky came to the Patriot Center last night. St. Louis is excellent but people are overstating the draw factor of the #10 ranking.

Get Kentucky in the building and it'll sell out in about 4 seconds. Mostly Kentucky fans.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Five Two on the seating situation. Give the endzones to the band, the platoon and the students. Re-seat the season ticket holders based on their attendance, years as a donor, and level of donation. I've had tickets in 108 for 10+ years, but I'd give them up to make our game atmosphere better. Even if it has an impact of the opponent missing 1-2 FTs a game, it's worth it.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Get Kentucky in the building and it'll sell out in about 4 seconds. Mostly Kentucky fans.

Somebody should tell Calipari that we haven't won at home in the last 50 days, and maybe he'd agree to play us in a home-and-home.

We'd have a better chance of beating them in Rupp Arena than we would in Fairfax.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I agree with Five Two on the seating situation. Give the endzones to the band, the platoon and the students. Re-seat the season ticket holders based on their attendance, years as a donor, and level of donation. I've had tickets in 108 for 10+ years, but I'd give them up to make our game atmosphere better. Even if it has an impact of the opponent missing 1-2 FTs a game, it's worth it.

I certainly wouldn't mind if they crammed us 108-ers down a few rows and let the students pile in behind us.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I certainly wouldn't mind if they crammed us 108-ers down a few rows and let the students pile in behind us.

Thats a good point. The reserved rows of 108 (up until my row GG) always seem empty in parts (especially the first few rows). I wonder how many of those seats are actually unsold or go unused.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Thats a good point. The reserved rows of 108 (up until my row GG) always seem empty in parts (especially the first few rows). I wonder how many of those seats are actually unsold or go unused.

From the looks of it they sell for the bigger games but that's about it. Lord knows last night they weren't sold (I stayed home because I was sick).

But we also don't get the sort of student turnout that would make it worth it to move us. It'd be one thing if we were packed to the rafters across the court every night, but we have trouble filling the 2 student sections we do have.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
But we also don't get the sort of student turnout that would make it worth it to move us. It'd be one thing if we were packed to the rafters across the court every night, but we have trouble filling the 2 student sections we do have.
which is why I've been asking for years to move the 108'ers to 124 and have the main student section fill 108 to the concourse level first. 108 filled with students to the concourse with the band next to them would look good. then let the students fill 123 to the concourse and 124 above the season ticket holders who want to sit there.

maybe I should have been clearer, I don't think we need to fill the student section from the floor all the way up to the last row. I want to fill from the floor to the concourse level where the temporary bleachers end.

none of this, of course, solves our lack of recruiting point guards the last 3 years or inconsistent play by our bigs, coaching deficiencies, lack of talent, etc, etc...........

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
which is why I've been asking for years to move the 108'ers to 124 and have the main student section fill 108 to the concourse level first. 108 filled with students to the concourse with the band next to them would look good. then let the students fill 123 to the concourse and 124 above the season ticket holders who want to sit there.

maybe I should have been clearer, I don't think we need to fill the student section from the floor all the way up to the last row. I want to fill from the floor to the concourse level where the temporary bleachers end.

none of this, of course, solves our lack of recruiting point guards the last 3 years or inconsistent play by our bigs, coaching deficiencies, lack of talent, etc, etc...........

I would be open to moving if Hewitt weren't the coach. I don't want to get any closer to him.

XTSG

Preferred Walk-On
Bitter beer face!

Easy 4K+ there.
No bitterness here. Just an observation. I worked for the Patriot Center from '88 to '97. Our group was responsible for counting ticket stubs for every event, before scanners were used, and we'd always guess the attendance before we came up with the final number. Trust me, I can tell the difference between 3K & 4K and there were not 4K in the Dome last night.