Game 26: #12 ranked St. Louis, Feb 19th, 7 PM, NBCSN

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm assuming SLU, now at #10, will be the highest ranked team to ever play us at the Patriot Center?

S

SLU83

Spectator
SLU fan here. I'm very worried about this game especially with the top ten ranking. You guys gave us fits at Chaifetz. I think that will actually help SLU out a lot because now they know just how hard it's going to be to come to your place and win. I know you've struggled at home lately and SLU is 9-0 on the road this year, but road games in college basketball are never easy especially when you have a target on your back.

I think SLU pulls out a close, hard fought win. I hope so at least

MasonCrew

Starter
They have a vcu fan on their boards. I dislike them for that. When vcu grads don't get jobs, I wonder if they blame the refs?

As others said, SLU is good so it should actually be a good game to watch as we play to the level of our competition like I've never seen.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They have a vcu fan on their boards. I dislike them for that. When vcu grads don't get jobs, I wonder if they blame the refs?

As others said, SLU is good so it should actually be a good game to watch as we play to the level of our competition like I've never seen.

Seriously, if we do nothing else this season, I hope we last in the A-10 tournament long enough to beat vcu and send them home. Hewitt can walk away with his head held high at that point.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
No, he can't

Hell yea, he can.

0-6, including 0-3 in CAA championships -- and that's just since 2004. vcu was the only team we've lost to in the CAA tournament since our Final Four season, the only one (2007 CAA Finals, 2009 CAA Finals, 2010 CAA quaterfinals, 2011 CAA semifinals, 2012 CAA semifinals).

Last year obviously doesn't count, since they weren't in the CAA, but we probably would have played and lost to them too in 2013.

Most seem to point to the AD's failure to do something big after our Final Four for our lack of success, I constantly point to the above record. vcu has been a personal road block for Mason's sustained success after the Final Four run, which is why anyone who rooted for them in 2011 were crazy for doing so. The rising tide does not raise all boats. vcu's rising tide sunk ours.

Last edited:
P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
which is why anyone who rooted for them in 2011 were crazy for doing so. The rising tide does not raise all boats. vcu's rising tide sunk ours.

You do realize pulling for a team to do well doesn't mean they'll win, right?