Game 21: GMU vs Winner of GW/Fordham PIG on Thursday, March 4 at 5:30PM.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Tyler is wrong. Paying a Coach more, doesn't equal better recruits. We have the facilities everyone else has. Some have worse than us, and are better programs consistently.

Also, the school and its fans do not expect to finish mid to low level in the A10.

The results we have are due to shortcomings from DP himself. Recruiting mainly. Poor judgement of certain players. ie Jordan Miller goes from 14th on depth chart to over night starter mid season. Jared Reuter situation. More recently, Frazer goes from not playing to 30 mins vs vcu overnight, then almost nothing next game. Wtf is that! One player finishing all 4 years here. The latter, is especially troubling b/c if we get known as a stepping stone, we will never have progress. Im sure DP doesn't want this b/c he wanted to build it with 4 year guys, but what he wants, doesn't seem to happen.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
GWs only scoring threats have to be gassed after going 40 yesterday. Was more nervous about this game before watching them shit the bed against Fordham last night. They looked like it was their 2nd time playing organized basketball against a terrible team. If they play nearly as bad as they did last night, we win this by 15+.

Mason 73 Foggy bottom girls 60

Or you know, we shit the bed and lose and the world stops spinning.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
so with GW being gassed most likely after yesterday's marathon with Fordham, I hope Mason looks to put the pace up early on today.

Also, they need to make sure that Bishop doesn't get comfortable and get hot from deep and Lindo doesn't get overly comfortable in the post. In addition, it would be nice to be a little bit more efficient than last time on offense but if they aren't, hit the boards hard and make GW pay.

It won't be easy but Mason should win today, and then things get more serious tomorrow.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
GW got so many layups in the first half against us, I thought they would blow us out. But in the second half we got back in the game pretty quickly. I understand from what DP said afterwards that we played better on defense, but what did we do? I know offensively we drove more on their bigs.

I'd have to go back and look at the tape exactly, but it looked like they adjusted how to guard Bishop and they made Lindo work hard in the post. In addition, crashing the boards hard after missing their layups got them the extra opportunities.

I suspect it won't be as easy today, but with a tired GW team, maybe it will be.

By George.

Starter
Goddammit can f*cking we just talk about the f*cking game in this thread instead of rehashing this shit for the millionth time in this thread? Off-season coming, probably fairly soon...

Retards?

Thaaaaaaaankkkkkks

How much policing do these threads need? I’m surprised your “retards” comment wasn’t auto deleted but apparently you can call someone a retard or a creepy sexist and it’s all good here.

Our whole podcast episode is about today’s game vs GW, the tourney and our finish in the conference. Enjoy...or don’t. GO MASON!

ephoops

Starter
Yesterday's GW game was at vcu. Today's game is at Richmond. No advantage for GW playing back-to-back games in the same arena.

If Mason wins, playing Davidson at Richmond again on Friday should be a small advantage for Mason.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I guess I have missed some stuff by reading the last few posts... anyway, Richmond blowing Duquesne out right now

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Guys come on. Let’s keep it on basketball. It’s March! Let’s have fun shooting the shit about basketball.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
37-30 Richmond at the half... got to figure Duquesne needs a fast start in the 2nd half or they are done

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Dambrot hasn’t gotten over the hump yet there, or so it seems.

I don't know who he has coming in next year, but losing two starters (especially Sincere Carry) to transfer really hurts.

Will be interesting to see if any of the seniors comes back (Weathers, Dunn-Martin, Hughes)...losing all three would be huge.

If you think our transfer list looks bad, look at this list:

Frankie Hughes
Spencer Littleson
Kellon Taylor
Isiaha Mike
Nicholas Kratholm
Nick Washington (left team)
Sincere Carry
Brandon Wade
Lamar Norman
Eric Williams Jr.
Gavin Bizeau
Tydus Verhoeven
Evan Buckley (left team)
Jake Harper (left team)
Ashton Miller
Dylan Swingle
James Ellis

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
How much of a thing is it really for top tier athletes in their prime to exert themselves for 40 minutes one day and not be rested enough after ~24 hours of rest? I often wonder if too much is made of that. I could see them having less energy towards the end of the game versus the beginning, but still being tired/winded after resting a whole day?

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
37-30 Richmond at the half... got to figure Duquesne needs a fast start in the 2nd half or they are done
Your wish is their command. Duq leads Richmond 58-54 with a little over 3 to go.