Game 21: GMU vs Winner of GW/Fordham PIG on Thursday, March 4 at 5:30PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
#6 GMU opens A10 Tournament play squaring off against the winner of the PIG between #11 GW and #14 Fordham.
The game against the winner will be televised on NBCSN on Thursday, March 4, at 5:30PM. The game will be played at Robins Center on the Richmond campus.

We won our games against both teams this year.
We crushed Fordham 77-45 when we played on February 10. Box Score: https://gomason.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2020-21/fordham/boxscore/10904
The game against GW was closer when we won 63-58 on February 24. Box score: https://gomason.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2020-21/george-washington/boxscore/10900

My prediction: I expect GW to win the PIG. When they played earlier this year GW won going away 71-47. But, come tourney time you never know. If we play Fordham it's a game we should win. If we play GW it's a game we can win. In either case I hope we advance to play #3 Davidson on Friday at 5:30.

Discuss:

Last edited:

Bricker

Starter
tenor.gif

Dies in the end ^

Eventually we will lose the crazy/fun thing it could realistically happen to anybody at absolutely any round of this tournament except us if Fordham somehow beats GW.

We at least HAVE to get to Davidson. Fordham is terrible and we better have demonstrated we've turned the corner against a young and simplistic GW team.

Is anyone doing an A10 bracket $ bracket on Twitter this year its so wide open that would be fun.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
So I think the path is

GW- Davidson - than the winner of the St. Louis game againts UMass/LaSalle/St Joes

than the finals

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Am I the only one who expects to lose to GW? Have I just become that negative? I don't consider it negative so much as I always believe history will repeat itself, but usually with small differences. In this case, we start slow (again), storm back (again), but this time we fall just short instead of just ahead.

I hope I'm wrong. I've never been capable of actually rooting against the team. I hope, for the sake of the students playing their last games at Mason, that they get the thrill of a deep run.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Am I the only one who expects to lose to GW? Have I just become that negative? I don't consider it negative so much as I always believe history will repeat itself, but usually with small differences. In this case, we start slow (again), storm back (again), but this time we fall just short instead of just ahead.

I hope I'm wrong. I've never been capable of actually rooting against the team. I hope, for the sake of the students playing their last games at Mason, that they get the thrill of a deep run.
I don't know that I expect us to but I won't be shocked if it does happen.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

I def. don’t want to play that GW team, much rather take the Fordham draw again. GW is that unique kind of bad team in that they play bad basketball, but can throw up 75+ points any given night. Not the kind of bad team you want to face in a single elimination. Think they’ll be fully conditioned and healthy as well if we have to face them a second time around.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yep - just one very good half against GW the past 3 games prevented a 3 game losing streak. Very optimistic about beating Fordam and a little nervous about GDub.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
For those who have put in ticket requests for Thursdays game, and will stay for Fridays game when we beat the winner of the PIG, if you're looking for something to do to kill time between games, the A10 Cross Country Championship is going on in nearby Mechanicsville, Va. (NE Richmond suburb), at Pole Green Park. The gun goes off for the women's team (the one we care about because one of our own runs for Mason) at 10am, and the men's team runs later, around 3pm (I think that's what my daughter told me). (And shhhhhhhhh, I'm not sure I am supposed to tell people due to A10 regulations regarding spectators at the park. So please keep this to yourselves and wear UR colors if you go.)

So plan accordingly and cheer on all of Mason's teams.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Would love to know where Oduro finished in MIP voting

3 Bid League

@3BidLeaguePod

·
4h

Hyland 5
Vince Williams, vcu 4
Tyler Burton, Richmond 4
Jaren Holmes, Bona 3
Taylor Funk, St Joe’s 2