Game 21: GMU vs Winner of GW/Fordham PIG on Thursday, March 4 at 5:30PM.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm so conflicted on this. Do players get better in practice or does it take some real game experience? I definitely think you've got to get the game day jitters out with some experience. It wasn't pretty early. But yeah, he looked real good today.

Do you take the chance on starting him tomorrow?

Good question. He's a better defender than Jamal Hartwell. When you look at Davidson, you've got Kellan Grady who Greene is going to have the pleasure of having to guard, and Lee, who is a better version of Battle. If you're starting four guards, I want no part of Davidson finding a way to get Hartwell mismatched on whoever they want him mismatched on...but you might also consider starting Oduro and AJ together and just trying to pound them into the ground by crashing every board you can with a combo of Oduro, AJ, Miller.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Good question. He's a better defender than Jamal Hartwell. When you look at Davidson, you've got Kellan Grady who Greene is going to have the pleasure of having to guard, and Lee, who is a better version of Battle. If you're starting four guards, I want no part of Davidson finding a way to get Hartwell mismatched on whoever they want him mismatched on...but you might also consider starting Oduro and AJ together and just trying to pound them into the ground by crashing every board you can with a combo of Oduro, AJ, Miller.
Yeah. That's what I was thinking, looking at how we potentially match-up.

I'm so conflicted on this. Do players get better in practice or does it take some real game experience? I definitely think you've got to get the game day jitters out with some experience. It wasn't pretty early. But yeah, he looked real good today.

Do you take the chance on starting him tomorrow?

Probably a little of both. But kid couldn't even practice for a month this year, I'm not sure I have the guts to play him as much as DP.

Paying off a little now, but who knows what we get game to game from him. Look at Frazier, hasn't done much since his big game.

Start Hartwell, but looks like we're on the Polite train for good now.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
No reason at all that we can’t beat Davidson but it’s gonna take a 40-minute effort and much better offensive execution. Play another first half like today and we lose by 30

FreeGunston12

All-American
Seriously? He had a great night in scoring 17 and let's hope this is the opening of the flood gates for Polite. But for the months of Jan. and Feb. he scored a grand total of 21 points in 13 games and 128 minutes.
Well when your other option is Hartwell against a much bigger lineup, I think it is worth considering. Riding the hot hand in these games on back-to-back days can pay off too. Plus, our starting lineup today didn't exactly get off to a hot start. Would it be a risk? Sure. But the payoff could be huge. And if he doesn't play well, you can always pull him.

I do think we see some shakeup to the starting lineup tomorrow, hopefully involving Oduro.

By George.

Starter
Petey Buckets getting lots of love on NBC Sports Network...way to go Petey!

Between the Petey love and Polite’s performance, not sure how I contained myself tonight. Something to be excited for - XJ continues to deal with cramping and knee injuries but if he can get healthy for next year we will see a ton of XJ and Polite lineups together. Both can attack the rim, with guys like Kolek, Miller and Oduro hitting jumpers, could be a pretty good 5.

FreeGunston12

All-American
:D:D:D:D:D

Great adjustments at halftime. DP coached his a** off in that 2nd half.:D
Yeah. "Great adjustment" to actually play Oduro. It was like rocket science or something.

This is like the announcers giving DP credit for screaming "get the ball inside". Yeah, I'm screaming that at my television set from my couch too. Did either one of us have any actual plan to help the team accomplish that? Tough to say.