Game 20: GMU (11-8 / 4-2) at LaSalle (6-13 / 1-8) on Saturday, February 5, at 2PM.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I wonder how closely the coaches and players looked at Lasalle's schedule. They have had several league games when they were up double digits and lost. GMU is the team they held on against.

hoops10

Sixth Man
Not much to say. Just play the rest of the year out and decide who stays and who goes. I'm sure KE already knows. Counting the two new kids coming in they may have five or six keepers. There will be 1000 kids in the portal. It's all about talent.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
No we’re not. Bad loss but far from being a joke. With such a short bench, there little room for error or injury.
Without Oduro and forced to play the end of the bench it was going to be an uphill battle. We lost a bunch of possessions when we inadvertently tipped balls out of bounds. We didn't have lots of turnovers. Just ran into a LaSalle team that hit just about everything they threw up. It happens.

XJ played great, as did our bench. Ticket is entitled to 1 bad game per season. Schwartz forced things down low, but I don't blame him for being aggressive, as he's got a nice post game. Let's hope we get Oduro back soon.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I just wonder if those same comments are made if Kim is an older white coach? That was extremely sketchy.
Such a bizarre reaction from those announcers. Never heard any broadcaster ever react like that.

“I don’t want anything to happen to us” ??? Did he think KE was gonna knock him out and take his wallet?

Last edited:

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Who are their commentators? Since the sound didn’t work at the beginning, I never heard their names.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Richard Prendergast, a former La Salle assistant coach is the color guy that made the comments. I’m not a cancel culture guy so I’m not going to go on Twitter or anything like that… but I thought it was shady and then I had my wife listen to it and didn’t lead her and the first thing she too thought it was shady.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Who are their commentators? Since the sound didn’t work at the beginning, I never heard their names.
I think the POW guy was a guy named Kal Beers. I'm not sure if the Please don't hurt me Kim Englsh guy was him or the other guy - I had it on mute the last 5 minutes.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah - I doubt the Hurley brothers have that said about them. Instead it's "they're fiery and competitive on the sideline, just like their dad was."

This guy is like KE is gonna hurt me...POW!
Hurley bros have been stormin the court and chasing refs ever since they were handed a clipboard. Great reference point.

Here's the clown who said it:
3VAQBQHQP5BSBDIHBA5356GIYE.jpg

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I just wonder if those same comments are made if Kim is an older white coach? That was extremely sketchy.
Yeah I think sometimes people are quick to assign racism to things that aren’t really, but in this case the comments came off as “big scary black man got near me”.

But hey, this is what happens when your color commentator hasn’t coached since basketball was integrated.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And to a broader point about the commentators, I realize that they’re the local La Salle guys, but there’s gotta be a level of professionalism where you don’t refer to your team as “we” or ask for a foul on every play. Makes the game unlistenable.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I checked out lasalle message board. Though I didn't see any discussion of the broacasters Kim Englsh reaction, they also mock their announcers commentary.