Game 20: GMU (11-8 / 4-2) at LaSalle (6-13 / 1-8) on Saturday, February 5, at 2PM.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Hurley bros have been stormin the court and chasing refs ever since they were handed a clipboard. Great reference point.

Here's the clown who said it:
3VAQBQHQP5BSBDIHBA5356GIYE.jpg
I thought it was the other guy - that pic is the POW play by play guy.

Coach was obviously pissed, but if you were down 4 with 6:30 left and saw the next seven fouls go all against your team without one on La Salle, I think you might have a gripe.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If it makes anyone feel any better, I think Lasalle will be one of the 100+ mediocre private colleges that likely will close within the next 15 years. Why would anyone go there? What a dump of a gym!

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s remarkable how useless our bench is. Other than Jones, can’t imagine any of them being back next season. Can’t wait for English to build out a full roster; we won’t have to worry about games against LaSalle.

NewPatriot

Starter
It’s remarkable how useless our bench is. Other than Jones, can’t imagine any of them being back next season. Can’t wait for English to build out a full roster; we won’t have to worry about games against LaSalle.

Fernandez and dinkins look really good. Need to put up some full games on their respective threads.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Jones? You mean the guy that played 13 minutes less than the walk-on today?

FreeGunston12

All-American
Terrible take here. We are still right in the mix for top 6 with tiebreakers over most of the top of the field.
Bet we are the only team that loses to both LA Salle and GW in conference this year. That might've been the least inspiring game I've ever watched. You can't lose games to these bottom dwellers of the conference and be anything but a joke.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Jones? You mean the guy that played 13 minutes less than the walk-on today?
I don’t see KE bailing on him already and think he has a little more runway to develop vs. the others. Not sure how he isn’t getting into games now though with such a short bench, so obviously I could be very wrong.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Bet we are the only team that loses to both LA Salle and GW in conference this year. That might've been the least inspiring game I've ever watched. You can't lose games to these bottom dwellers of the conference and be anything but a joke.
Dayton lost to 3 sub 300 NET teams to kick off the season. Would you consider them a joke this season? Sometimes you drop some games to bad teams, especially on a shallow roster with your POY injured.

Also don’t look now, but GW is tied with the Bonnie’s in league record.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I almost cannot believe I’m one of the most patient and realistic folks here. The HIGH of this team is beating Dayton or playing St Louis close. The Low is getting skullf**ked by Nevada and losing squeakers to lowly A10 teams

Our team SUCKS after the top 6 guys (Malik should be a 11th man on good teams and he’s probably our 6th best player)
If coop, Ticket Oduro and Schwartz are all ON they can beat anyone. If Oduro doesn’t play and Ticket has his first bad game and Schwartz struggles to score it almost a guaranteed loss

Lasalle shot the lights out for a long time tonight and we had 0 presence down low

These end of the bench scholarship kids should be embarrassed and transfer tomorrow after Buchanan a damn walk on clearly outplayed them.

Blake is a project player. A redshirt for sure if we had a good team. He was never supposed to be good this year, but he could in the future. Every good team has those riding the bench for a year or two. Stop shitting on the kid because he is someone that can be good someday. It just certainly isn’t today

Gadsden, Polite, Hartwell, Gray all need to transfer expeditiously

OTis isn’t very good but he can stay because he is at least aggressive and physically gifted.

If you had crazy expectations for any game or this season in general it is YOUR fault you are upset. Look at preseason favorite BoNa. If you have no bench you won’t be very good. I’m proud of where we are at this year and look forward to kicking these D2 rostered players off the team

I’d much rather see Buchanan than watch Ronnie dribble off his foot 3 plays in a row or ever see Hartwell take another jumper.

NewPatriot

Starter
Dayton lost to 3 sub 300 NET teams to kick off the season. Would you consider them a joke this season? Sometimes you drop some games to bad teams, especially on a shallow roster with your POY injured.

Also don’t look now, but GW is tied with the Bonnie’s in league record.

Mason lost both games.because oduro was out.

At it was.only.by combined total of.6 points.

Believe it or not, both lasalle and.GW have alot.of talent, they just dont play
collectively as a team all the time.

Last edited:

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I almost cannot believe I’m one of the most patient and realistic folks here. The HIGH of this team is beating Dayton or playing St Louis close. The Low is getting skullf**ked by Nevada and losing squeakers to lowly A10 teams

Our team SUCKS after the top 6 guys (Malik should be a 11th man on good teams and he’s probably our 6th best player)
If coop, Ticket Oduro and Schwartz are all ON they can beat anyone. If Oduro doesn’t play and Ticket has his first bad game and Schwartz struggles to score it almost a guaranteed loss

Lasalle shot the lights out for a long time tonight and we had 0 presence down low

These end of the bench scholarship kids should be embarrassed and transfer tomorrow after Buchanan a damn walk on clearly outplayed them.

Blake is a project player. A redshirt for sure if we had a good team. He was never supposed to be good this year, but he could in the future. Every good team has those riding the bench for a year or two. Stop shitting on the kid because he is someone that can be good someday. It just certainly isn’t today

OTis isn’t very good but he can stay because he is at least aggressive and physically gifted.

If you had crazy expectations for any game or this season in general it is YOUR fault you are upset. Look at preseason favorite BoNa. If you have no bench you won’t be very good. I’m proud of where we are at this year and look forward to kicking these D2 rostered players off the team

I’d much rather see Buchanan than watch Ronnie dribble off his foot 3 plays in a row or ever see Hartwell take another jumper.
This x1000000.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

I seriously don’t get all the Blake Jones hate in here. His upside is insane, he’s a true freshman. He is going to develop and be a contributor here. People don’t realize that at this level 75% of freshman aren’t seeing significant time outside of the top recruits. We have a lot of problems on the bench, Blake Jones isn’t one of them.

Mason32

Starter

First year with KE this roster is what it is, he's made it competitive but he's also obviously favoring his guys like any coach would. No way Ticket didn't see the bench more in a game like this if this was year 2 or 3

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
First year with KE this roster is what it is, he's made it competitive but he's also obviously favoring his guys like any coach would. No way Ticket didn't see the bench more in a game like this if this was year 2 or 3
Ticket playing his worst game ever is better than the entirety of our bench.

FreeGunston12

All-American
I seriously don’t get all the Blake Jones hate in here. His upside is insane, he’s a true freshman. He is going to develop and be a contributor here. People don’t realize that at this level 75% of freshman aren’t seeing significant time outside of the top recruits. We have a lot of problems on the bench, Blake Jones isn’t one of them.
His minutes are way down despite depth issues. He is averaging 1 and 1, a stat line less than that of Troy Temara's freshman year. I don't know of any examples of a player putting up those type of stats freshman year and then turning into a big contributor for us. He appears too slow and clumsy to play and defend on the perimeter. Too small a frame to develop inside. He hasn't scored a point since November.

What are you seeing to call his upside "insane"?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
His minutes are way down despite depth issues. He is averaging 1 and 1, a stat line less than that of Troy Temara's freshman year. I don't know of any examples of a player putting up those type of stats freshman year and then turning into a big contributor for us. He appears too slow and clumsy to play and defend on the perimeter. Too small a frame to develop inside. He hasn't scored a point since November.

What are you seeing to call his upside "insane"?
He’s a 6’10 18 year old who doesn’t look completely lost on the perimeter, has good shooting form, and can pass the ball. And he can walk and chew gum at the same time. He’s already got tools that take most bigs 4 years to develop, if they ever get them at all. He def has the type of skill set that will make him a matchup nightmare once he settles in a bit and catches up to the speed and physicality of the game.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I believe calling someone a matchup nightmare is the kiss of death on MasonHoops.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He’s a 6’10 18 year old who doesn’t look completely lost on the perimeter, has good shooting form, and can pass the ball. And he can walk and chew gum at the same time. He’s already got tools that take most bigs 4 years to develop, if they ever get them at all. He def has the type of skill set that will make him a matchup nightmare once he settles in a bit and catches up to the speed and physicality of the game.
Blake's birthday is actually in his bio on the official roster page, as are all our guys' birthdays. Born Feb 28, 2002, he's gonna turn 20 this year. I found that surprising. I'm slightly less hyped on him after that but KE has called him a developmental player since day 1. He was probably as surprised as anyone how much Blake had to play early on.

Since Gray and TJ also prepped, they're also turning 20 soon. Otis turned 20 last year and Fernandez is turning 20 next year. We have old freshmen.