Game 20: GMU (11-8 / 4-2) at LaSalle (6-13 / 1-8) on Saturday, February 5, at 2PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
They played GW tonight, stats not up to date yet. I will clarify in the morning.

LaSalle is currently 6-13 on the season and 1-8 in A10 play. They are 5-6 at home, 1-6 on the road, and 0-1 at neutral sites.

History: Including tournament play GMU is 7-2 against the Explorers while a member of the A10.

Wins: Albany, Army, Holy Cross, Fairleigh Dickinson, Penn, St. Joe’s,
Losses: Sacred Heart, Delaware, Villanova, Temple, Bucknell, Fordham, vcu, St. Bonaventure, Rhode Island, Richmond, UMass, Davidson, GW
Canceled/Postponed: Drexel,

Schedule: https://goexplorers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Roster: https://goexplorers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats: https://goexplorers.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats

LaSalle is led by 6’10” Clifton Moore (12.4 ppg & 6.6 reb), 6’4” Josh Nickelberry (12.1 ppg), and 6’8” Jack Clark (10.4 ppg & 5.3 reb). Others contributing are 5’11’ Jhamir Brickus (8.4 ppg), 6’1” Khalil Brantley (7.6 ppg) and 6’4” Anwar Gill (5.1 ppg). Nine different Explorers have started this year and 11 guys average 9+ minutes per game. To say that their line-up and rotations have been a work in progress is pretty accurate.

LaSalle averages 68.5 points per game while giving up 71.4. The Explorers shoot 41.2% from the floor and 31.2% from 3. Opponents are shooting 42.8% from the field and 34.2% from 3. The Explorers shoot 70.0% from the free throw line. They have out rebounded opponents by 1.9 boards per game. They average 13.6 turnovers per contest.

The game is on ESPN+.

My prediction: I will not take the Explorers lightly. 3 OT losses and several other close calls leads me to believe they are a worthy opponent. That being said, it’s going to be a tough week with 4 games in 7 days. We can’t look ahead to Richmond and vcu. Our focus needs to be with LaSalle. Our leadership comes through in a game closer than some might expect. GMU 76 - LaSalle 72.

Discuss.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Need a big first half with a big lead so the starters can rest

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Me and some friends are heading up for the game so we will be rocking that shitty high school gym they call home. We will bring the pain in more ways than one. We have the pieces to run them out the gym! Lets Goooooo!

Goodguys 78
Ghetto high school gym rats 66

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Need a big first half with a big lead so the starters can rest

CKE played more bench guys At UMass Got some stops, but ultimately the starters went back in and got a 9-0 run put on em. Would of been better to let the bench guys finish off last 3 mins up 20 or so. Come a10 tourney, I guarantee we will need bench help.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
CKE played more bench guys At UMass Got some stops, but ultimately the starters went back in and got a 9-0 run put on em. Would of been better to let the bench guys finish off last 3 mins up 20 or so. Come a10 tourney, I guarantee we will need bench help.
Our bench cannot be counted on to do literally anything. They had 2 points in a 2OT loss. They suck. It's that simple. And our bar for them is non-existent. Polite could come in and not dribble the ball of his foot, and people on here would be like "that was definitely the most complete game of his career!"

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Our bench cannot be counted on to do literally anything. They had 2 points in a 2OT loss. They suck. It's that simple. And our bar for them is non-existent. Polite could come in and not dribble the ball of his foot, and people on here would be like "that was definitely the most complete game of his career!"

Then don't expect more than 1 win at A10 tourney.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
To be honest, I don't. Especially if we start on Friday. We could make some noise, but with the lack of bench production, I wouldn't throw money on it.
That's why the GW game and last night are tough to take. Top 4 would have helped our chances in the tourney. Tough road this week and beyond.

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I read a post some where that Mason needs to recover, rest, get their strength back for LaSalle or else Saint Louis beats us twice.

SMH at scoring 90 points with just two off the bench.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
That's why the GW game and last night are tough to take. Top 4 would have helped our chances in the tourney. Tough road this week and beyond.
Agreed. A few bounces mean a few more wins.

That being said, for once I think we can all agree that the team leaves it all out on the floor, the talent we do have that can compete, goes hard, and Mason is coached to a level that is appropriate for the A10.

At no point last night did I have to question our gameplan, or think that Mason didn't belong. Thats a big step. Finish off putting the puzzle together and you have a competitive and championship quality A10 squad.

We can go on and on about PG play, the lack of bench, missed free throws and everything else. I completely agree with all of it. The loss hurts and there are no moral victories. However, for once, I actually think Mason has a chance against everybody and they continue to show it. They can't have a letdown against Lasalle, they have to have the same energy they did against Umass.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Expecting a Mason win, but about as good a timing for a trap game as LaSalle could hope for. Heavily hyped game w/conference seeding implications, late hard fought rally to tie, x2OT, difficult loss at buzzer w/plenty of missed free throws, and every Mason starter played between 42-50 minutes.

Now we follow that huge emotional build-up and let down with a 1-8 La Salle team at home who lost to GW by a single bucket last night. Can't draw it up much better for the Explorers to try and pull the upset.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Expecting a Mason win, but about as good a timing for a trap game as LaSalle could hope for. Heavily hyped game w/conference seeding implications, late hard fought rally to tie, x2OT, difficult loss at buzzer w/plenty of missed free throws, and every Mason starter played between 42-50 minutes.

Now we follow that huge emotional build-up and let down with a 1-8 La Salle team at home who lost to GW by a single bucket last night. Can't draw it up much better for the Explorers to try and pull the upset.
Agree. If the team thinks this trip to La Salle will just be therapy to recover from an emotional loss, we will lose.

We can beat any team in the A-10 on any day of the week. But due to our lack of depth, there is very little room for error and we can easily lose to the last place team at their place as well.

Team needs to mentally prepared to give it their all.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Me and some friends are heading up for the game so we will be rocking that shitty high school gym they call home. We will bring the pain in more ways than one. We have the pieces to run them out the gym! Lets Goooooo!

Goodguys 78
Ghetto high school gym rats 66
Believe it or not, I am heading up for this one, too. ;-)

Is there any sort of official or un-official pregaming spot?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Agree. If the team thinks this trip to La Salle will just be therapy to recover from an emotional loss, we will lose.

We can beat any team in the A-10 on any day of the week. But due to our lack of depth, there is very little room for error and we can easily lose to the last place team at their place as well.

Team needs to mentally prepared to give it their all.
Training staff gonna earn their pay today and tomorrow, getting the guys’ legs back. Hopefully everything is focused on recovery because that’s way more important than anything LaSalle is gonna do with Xs and Os.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Believe it or not, I am heading up for this one, too. ;-)

Is there any sort of official or un-official pregaming spot?
Awesome! Yes, 8-10 of us will be pregaming at this spot. Its not too far away from the Stadium.

Chestnut Hill Brewery https://chestnuthillbrewingcompany.com

We will be there at 11:30am when they open.

Spread the word. All is welcome!

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Training staff gonna earn their pay today and tomorrow, getting the guys’ legs back. Hopefully everything is focused on recovery because that’s way more important than anything LaSalle is gonna do with Xs and Os.
Any word on Polite?