Game 19, AT Fordham, Jan 22nd, 7 PM, NO TV

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Hopefully this game doesn't turn out like the last "Homecoming" game for our NY area players. Iona is much better than Fordham though. Come on, time to show off Sherrod, Jalen, and Moore (and maybe the other NY area players too).

GMU What

Four-star Recruit
Copes fouls out 5 minutes into the game, Hewitt dons the green and gold and subs for him, grabbing 15 rebounds with 6 blocks. And then misses his last 5 free throws down the stretch as Mason loses 69-68 on a last second tip-in.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Why would anyone be surprised that we'd be a dog? We have basically the same over all record and we're both winless in the league...game in their gym....whats the surprise?
Mason crew addressed the question pretty well. If you look at RPI and SOS, we are better by the numbers. I guess gamblers don't believe in moral victories...

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I could see this game going either way. I think we are playing better than Fordham regardless of what Vegas is saying. But I would also not be surprised if it is hard to get the guys up for this one.

I had this as one of my 4 victories in A10 play, but could see dropping this one and picking up a surprise win against one of the top teams, where the guys are pumped, maybe home vs GW.

Yossarian

Sixth Man
We win, but only because the game isn't televised, so I won't be able to enjoy our first victory in the A-10. Also, I honestly believe we are very close to turning a corner, based on the team's performance in the last two games. We are playing smart 95% of the time, up from 60% of the time earlier this season. Get that figure up to 97% of the time, and we start winning games. (All statistics based on thin air and fanatical sentiment).

I am ready to be proud of my team.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I really don't understand the whole "turning the corner" belief. I think we need to accept the fact we aren't a good team this season. With the influx of new players, with new attitudes and drive, coming next season, I believe that is when we can turn the corner (I hope).

I wish this group of players would turn the corner, I just don't see it happening now that we're 18 games into the season and heading into the thick of A10 play.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Anyone have a link to watch for free? Hard to justify shelling out money to watch this game.

PDGL Hoops

Starter
This game is the toilet bowl for these two teams and they know it. Lose this game and you may very well lock up the last place seed in the A-10 tourney. I really think Mason is on the cusp of becoming a good A-10 team. Winning this game will start them on their way.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I really think Mason is on the cusp of becoming a good A-10 team. Winning this game will start them on their way.

We're not going to be a good team this year...we're 18 games into the season, if we were a good team we would all see it by now. We'll be in most ball games with chances to win some of them. We'll win some and we'll lose some of those games because that's the way this team is. I don't see how beating Fordham sends this team on their way to becoming a good A10 team. I hope we see continued improvement from the young players, adjustments being made by Hewitt, and the seniors to show that they care, for the remainder of the season.

Now, next season is a different story. I believe the players we have coming in, with new attitudes, determination, etc. we could see a team that is ready to "turn the corner" or "on the cusp" of becoming a solid A10 team. We'll just have to wait and see.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm currently in the NYC metro area & deciding wether or not to brave the weather & go to the game. Any thoughts?
Absolutely go! I may be down on the coach, but I still go to all local games. Hell, I drove a Corvette in the snow to our last weekday game so that I would not miss it. So, yes, brave the weather and go see them play.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If we don't start getting the ball down low we won't win another game this year, next year, or the year after that. Plain and simple. F the execution and soft this and soft that. You need to include all 5 players on the court. Its a team game not one on one isolation bullshit. We don't have a stud PG and I wish Blewitt would stop blowing games and switch offenses! This is my main knock on him. Only this I hate. I hate his offense.

Yossarian

Sixth Man
Looks like video is a no-go, so does anyone have good suggestions for accurate and fast score updates? ESPN, or is there a better option?