Game 19, AT Fordham, Jan 22nd, 7 PM, NO TV

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Rather than a prediction on the score, I'll predict how we lose this one:

I'm going with a flagrant foul called against us in the last minute... or maybe a tech called against us after calling a late time out when we didn't have any left... can't decide.

Can we win. Sure - we probably should, but until we break the curse, I can't mark any game as a win.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I say we lose by inadvertently deflecting a pass on defense with under 5 seconds left that goes into the basket for the game winning score for the Rams. We lose by 1.

KAOriginal

All-American
A fellow Mason fan said today:

"We win! Hewitt loses his mind in the 1st half, and gets thrown out on a double technical. Kreider takes over and with the players relaxed from Hewitt's dismissal...cruise to a 10 pt win."

MASONscott

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Despite terrible end of game results recently, this team is playing much better that it was a few weeks ago. We turn the corner and go from a bad team to an average team.

Mason 81
Fordham 77

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Despite terrible end of game results recently, this team is playing much better that it was a few weeks ago. We turn the corner and go from a bad team to an average team.

I think you are right about this, Scott, but we really need to get that first win to get the momentum going the other way. Although we have obviously shot ourselves in the foot in all of those games, we showed with the vcu and UMass games that there's no team we can't hang with in this league. Now we just need to turn the corner and learn how to win those close games.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
rpiforecast.com has us as 0.5 point favorite with a 52% probability of a win.

I haven't seen any analysis on here about how we match up against them. Anyone have any insight in that department?

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
rpiforecast.com has us as 0.5 point favorite with a 52% probability of a win.

I haven't seen any analysis on here about how we match up against them. Anyone have any insight in that department?

If Severe has an off night we win this game. If he drops 25+ points as he's accustomed to doing then it'll be a close game like we're used to. In-depth analysis, I know.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023

I don't see how beating Fordham affords us the opportunity to turn the corner, even if it's from bad to average. Fordham is a pretty bad team.

MASONscott

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't see how beating Fordham affords us the opportunity to turn the corner, even if it's from bad to average. Fordham is a pretty bad team.

Nothing earth shattering besides leaving with a W. Albeit is we lose it would not be surprising.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Nothing earth shattering besides leaving with a W. Albeit is we lose it would not be surprising.

From a mental standpoint, this team could really go for a W on Wednesday night. Definitely agree with you there.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Rather than a prediction on the score, I'll predict how we lose this one:

I'm going with a flagrant foul called against us in the last minute... or maybe a tech called against us after calling a late time out when we didn't have any left... can't decide.

Can we win. Sure - we probably should, but until we break the curse, I can't mark any game as a win.
I'm going with the more standard, but just as mind boggling Fordham 4 point play while down 4 with under 5 seconds left. Lose in OT. We turn a game that is theoretically impossible to lose into an L.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Severe will likely get his. Hopefully we limit what everybody else does. Seems like they score a lot, but give up a lot of points also. We need to see smarter D. Hopefully we do and GMU gets a W.

Last edited:

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Severe will likely get his. Hopefully we limit what everybody else does. Seems like they score a lot, but give up a lot of points also. We need to see smarter D. Hopefully we do and GMU gets a W.

We've given up an average of 78.5 ppg in A10 play so far. Better defense would be nice to see.