Game 18, AT Rhode Island, Jan 18, 12:30 PM, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Can we go back to the CAA or is it too late? Edwards is just stupid. Edwards, Copes, and Anali can transfer. Just get them and these seniors off this roster

Edwards sucked in CAA. He's small and not quick. He has no game.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Look at the bright side: With 3 seniors leaving and Gray, Okoloji and Edwards all being encouraged to transfer with their respective turns in Hewitt's doghouse, we should basically have a whole new team next year.

Alas, we'll still have the same shitty coach.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
I think G Mas will be much more enjoyable to watch next season. You'll see a lot more Jenkins, Holloway, Moore, Gujanicic, Royal and freshman. Hopefully, they can find a way to lose Okoloji, Edwards and Dopes with Wright, Allen and William already scheduled to depart.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I can't wait to hear how Corey ended up guarding Biruta. Boggles the mind.

How our senior guards have gone from a preseason strength to a mid-season failure is stunning.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I think it might be worthwhile to have a new roster - it might show Hewitt in a better light. Watching this game I cannot blame it on him - missed layups, turnovers, driving into three people to shoot. The only ones who looked good were Moore, Jenkins, Marko, Holloway, and Williams.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
No-no, good foul Corey. Faceguard a guy way taller than you who has half a second to catch and shoot.

I have never seen such horrible dumb basketball down the stretch both ways.

Not that anyone wants to relive it, but where on the court did Edwards foul the big guy. It's unfathomable that anyone on our team would commit such a dumb foul after watching RI commit an idiotic foul. Well, maybe not unfathomable with this group.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Not that anyone wants to relive it, but where on the court did Edwards foul the big It's unfathomable that anyone on our team would commit such a dumb foul after watching RI commit an idiotic foul.

Close to RI's basket....Edwards had his arms up the entire time, it wasn't a foul from what I could tell.

Not that anyone wants to relive it, but where on the court did Edwards foul the big It's unfathomable that anyone on our team would commit such a dumb foul after watching RI commit an idiotic foul.

I watched it like three times. He picked him up halfcourt and fouled him three quarters court.

Again can you blame Hewitt? Did he know that edwards would foul for no reason. Does he know that Wright will step in bounds on an inbounds play? Does he know that Allen would run down the court and dribble it to the other team? Did he predict that the refs will call a foul on us on every good trap we do run? All of this was out of Hewitt's hands. The funny thins is all of these bonehead moves were by coach L recruits. Holloway, Jenkins, Marko, and Moore are the future and they have pretty decent IQs. We need to stay patient. Rome was not built in a day or three seasons lol.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Again can you blame Hewitt? Did he know that edwards would foul for no reason. Does he know that Wright will step in bounds on an inbounds play? Does he know that Allen would run down the court and dribble it to the other team? Did he predict that the refs will call a foul on us on every good trap we do run? All of this was out of Hewitt's hands. The funny thins is all of these bonehead moves were by coach L recruits. Holloway, Jenkins, Marko, and Moore are the future and they have pretty decent IQs. We need to stay patient. Rome was built in a day or three seasons lol.

Strong Point.

I mean it's on Hewitt a little (you could put Vaughn Gray, who has something called "height" in there or even Williams) but it's hardly a major deal if Edwards isn't completely retarded, which he is.

But it just goes for all our upperclassmen. BA may have hit three clutch, but he was horrible the whole game and let Mumford score at will when it mattered. Wright can't even get in the frickin game at the end, and I can't say I can even blame Hewitt for that.

Just utterly retarded through and through, and there's no other way to say it.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How about the announcer even saying that Edwards didn't know to wait for the ref to give the ball to Jenkins on the free throw before heading to the scorer's table to check in on a made free throw.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Again can you blame Hewitt? Did he know that edwards would foul for no reason. Does he know that Wright will step in bounds on an inbounds play? Does he know that Allen would run down the court and dribble it to the other team? Did he predict that the refs will call a foul on us on every good trap we do run? All of this was out of Hewitt's hands. The funny thins is all of these bonehead moves were by coach L recruits. Holloway, Jenkins, Marko, and Moore are the future and they have pretty decent IQs. We need to stay patient. Rome was not built in a day or three seasons lol.

Yeah, how can you possibly blame the coach for the way multiple players on his team fail to execute in crunch time.

That has zero to do with coaching.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Again can you blame Hewitt? Did he know that edwards would foul for no reason. Does he know that Wright will step in bounds on an inbounds play? Does he know that Allen would run down the court and dribble it to the other team? Did he predict that the refs will call a foul on us on every good trap we do run? All of this was out of Hewitt's hands. The funny thins is all of these bonehead moves were by coach L recruits. Holloway, Jenkins, Marko, and Moore are the future and they have pretty decent IQs. We need to stay patient. Rome was built in a day or three seasons lol.

I don't think anyone was expecting Rome to be built this season. I think that they were expecting smart and poised basketball from a veteran club. Good coaches would get that out of a team such as this after spending three years with them. Mike Lonergan has.

Status
Not open for further replies.