Game 15: GMU (7-7/ 0-1) vs Dayton (12-6 / 4-1) on Saturday, January 22 , at 7PM.

JPgmuswim

Starter
Just watched the post game presser, KE seemed annoyed with the one guy asking questions, especially when they were asking the players the questions. He actually kind of called him out later.

Anyone know who that was?

FreeGunston12

All-American
No you can’t coach height you’re right and it’s obvious that they like what he can contribute. It’s early but I’m hoping that he can turn into something. After early glimpses he really hasn’t contributed much but is playing out of necessity. I guess if he doesn’t get better they’ll recruit over him and it’ll work itself out.
I thought he played a lot better tonight. Was pretty close to turning the corner on a couple drives. Looked a little better defensively too. Enough to ease me off his back until Monday.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Left a good 8 points on the table in the last 1:45 or so, which would have probably made this a more comfortable win.

But this is a good win. Let's beat St. Joes and see what happens against Bona.
Thought Dayton just shot poorly. Not do to overly great defense. They make a couple more of their good looks and we are having a different conversation too.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Thought Dayton just shot poorly. Not do to overly great defense. They make a couple more of their good looks and we are having a different conversation too.
I though mason did a really good job defensively. It seemed like every shot was challenged and they never really got comfortable with their sets. Holmes only had 3 shots and they really made sure he didn’t get the ball in the post.
I thought he played a lot better tonight. Was pretty close to turning the corner on a couple drives. Looked a little better defensively too. Enough to ease me off his back until Monday.
He had a few glimpses and key moments tonight that helped but I also thought there were some not so great moments. I just think he’s playing out of necessity and anything they get is a bonus whether it’s a stop or rebound like tonight.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just watched the post game presser, KE seemed annoyed with the one guy asking questions, especially when they were asking the players the questions. He actually kind of called him out later.

No clue but he was annoyed at two questions. The PAC 12 question and the monkey of your coaches back question. Both were bad questions and wouldn’t surprise me at all if it were local folks

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Josh had 14 points. 10 rebounds, 4 blocks knee 3 assists...
Take away the 3's and it's 8 points on 7 attempts inside the arc. I thought a few times he should of attacked as we got him the ball on low block but instead passed it out. Maybe his knee isn't 100%.

JPgmuswim

Starter
No clue but he was annoyed at two questions. The PAC 12 question and the monkey of your coaches back question. Both were bad questions and wouldn’t surprise me at all if it were local folks
Yep I noticed those two annoying him. You can kind of tell there will be a time where he’s not gonna hold back on his opinion of the questions being asked.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

My guess was a student reporter who determined his story angle before he walked in the room. If so, he’ll hopefully learn there are ways to ask question without stating it as a fact and trying to get collaboration. English was obviously not happy.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My guess was a student reporter who determined his story angle before he walked in the room. If so, he’ll hopefully learn there are ways to ask question without stating it as a fact and trying to get collaboration. English was obviously not happy.
The PAC 12 question guy sounded ancient. The other guy “monkey question” didn’t sound super young to me either

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I agree with this. The Flyers missed many shots in close, especially in the late going.

I don’t know…it was a whole lot of Malachi Smith trying to do it himself and a lot of shots with under 5 seconds left in the shot clock.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Good win. We back-doored this one. And good to see Oduro (even with a brace on his knee).

Not sure what to think of Blake. Asked a Mason-alum buddy of mine what he thinks about Jones and he feels like it's too early to judge. While he's right, we usually see some indication that a freshman will develop into a starter early on. We saw it with Jai Lewis, Butler, Cam Long, Marquise Moore, Kier, Hancock, Sherrod Wright, Jalen Jenkins, etc.

Maybe Blake can make a big jump next year (I'm hopeful) but I don't get him getting minutes over Frazier the rest of the way. Sure, he's KE's guy but nobody can convince me Jones bring smore to the table than Otis Frazier at present.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Found it…boy he waited for that kid to come around with another question before nailing him with the monkey on the back comment.

Also, I wonder what that film session was like post-GW. That last question “it was a shoot-out, but honestly it was just bad defense by us. The film was hard to watch. Embarrassing. Embarrassing.”

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Found it…boy he waited for that kid to come around with another question before nailing him with the monkey on the back comment.

Also, I wonder what that film session was like post-GW. That last question “it was a shoot-out, but honestly it was just bad defense by us. The film was hard to watch. Embarrassing. Embarrassing.”
Link????

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Rock fight tonight, lot of thoughts that’ll wait for tomorrow. Fun game, glad to win, Dayton is a good team and this was a good barometer check for how we play when jumpers aren’t falling.