Game 13: Wagner University, Tuesday, December 22nd, NOON, NO TV

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It was great to see the team go up into the stands after the end of the game and interact with the kids.

Such gestures will endear this team to the community...
After one game they went over to the band and thanked them. certainly the culture is changing

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Is it just me, or does anyone think Abram will break/tie Dre Smith's 10 for 10 at some point in his career?

He'd break the NCAA record for threes in a game w/o a miss if he did.

Two in a row - nice way to go into the break. Missed the game as I'm sure many did. Wish they archived the games for a bit on the A-10 site - I'd like to watch it.

I think Mason under Paulsen is going to get back to being tough to beat at home.

Last edited:
OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Attendance for Kid's Day - 5,039. This is the 2nd highest attendance for the season so far behind the season opener vs. Colgate (5,124).

As I said to a few people today, that is one way to boost your attendance numbers with the strange start time.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure our very own Washingtonian arranged that. He's become a super agent for National Anthem singers. :cool:

Damn it Tom, you were supposed to keep quiet.
I am quitting while I am ahead y'all, sorry. It will be back to various community groups for the rest of the 2015-16 season. :cool:

Last edited:

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Best part of the game for me came in the first half. A call went against us and Wagner had a bit of momentum. Paulsen kept yelling, "we're ok! we're ok!"
love how he handles the guys under adversity.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Mason Basketball ‏@MasonMBB 9m9 minutes ago
It was a great first Kid's Day for @MasonMBB! Thanks to all kids from @CityofFairfaxVA SACC for making today great!

CW3dJ5ZWAAEGzRf.jpg

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Bill Rohland ‏@BillRohland 3h3 hours ago
Nice win for the @MasonMBB. Abram with 27p 10r (both career highs) Moore with 18p 11r. Both guys first career double-double. 71-60 final.

Mason Basketball Retweeted
Patrick Stevens ‏@D1scourse 4h4 hours ago
Also: Abram (27 and 10)/Moore (18 and 11) are first Mason tandem w/double-doubles in same game since Arledge/Copes vs. Delaware (2/9/13).

Patrick Stevens ‏@D1scourse 4h4 hours ago
George Mason's online stats archive goes back to 1998-99. No freshman scored 27 points in a game in that span for the Patriots before today.

C

Cedric Dempsey

Spectator
I'd rather him be a much more game to game consistent scorer than have one game of his life...

Isn't this kid 18 years old? 6'7" and growing and learning quickly. My money is on his future.

liem.le.3388

Starter
LOL……the Rams have had a gnarly schedule so far. They may be the best 5-5 team out there…...
I've been watching their games, def not the best 5-5 team out there. They are having pg issues and their big men are very inconsistent. Outside Melvin and Billbury they don't have another scorer.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Next up, the struggling Rams.

Right now, vcu is up double digits against Buffalo who has 18 (!) first half turnovers, mostly due to their own ineptitude rather than the Rams pressing them. vcu has a couple of other games before we play them; hope the holidays don't hurt us.

Actually, DP mentioned post-game that he was looking forward to a week of practices to work on things---claimed that with all the personnel upheaval they had to do some things on the fly the last couple of games.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I am watching as well, was waiting till that game finished before starting the game thread.

The turnovers are not surprising because Buffalo is making dumb decisions.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
LOL……the Rams have had a gnarly schedule so far. They may be the best 5-5 team out there…...

vcu's SOS rank is 78.

Dayton's is 4
Davidson's is 25
Richmond 50
Rhode Island 59
George Washington 62

I know they had a bunch of BCS schools on their schedule, but aside from Duke none of them are top 100 RPI teams (they also lost to every single one of them).

That being said, I'm not predicting a win in Richmond, not by any stretch.

C

Cedric Dempsey

Spectator
Myles Tate managed to play 16 minutes without notching a rebound, and assist, a steal, or a FG attempt. Had 1 point on 1/2 FTs, a turnover, and 3 fouls. I guess that's why he's not a scholarship player, haha.

Anyway, great performance once again out of Abram and Moore. Very impressive.

Tate did what was asked of him. Critical minutes so those who can do get a blow. I'll take a walk-on that listens rather than a senior you can't trust either on or off the court.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Heard a rumor Grayer was battling the flu as well, which may have led to him sitting the final 8 or so minutes.

Nice overall game. Once we eliminate a few needless turnovers we might be a decent team. Also have to give a shout out to Jalen. I feel like he is starting to learn and understand what DP wants of him and with his physical talents he could be a beast the next year and a half.

Patriotfan49

Starter
vcu's SOS rank is 78.

Dayton's is 4
Davidson's is 25
Richmond 50
Rhode Island 59
George Washington 62

I know they had a bunch of BCS schools on their schedule, but aside from Duke none of them are top 100 RPI teams (they also lost to every single one of them).

That being said, I'm not predicting a win in Richmond, not by any stretch.

Their schedule up until this point has been very difficult, and I wouldn't expect them to have fared all that great with said games. I get over the season their SOS lightens up, but I for sure wouldn't label them as some struggling team limping into a matchup.