Game 13: Wagner University, Tuesday, December 22nd, NOON, NO TV

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Is it just me, or does anyone think Abram will break/tie Dre Smith's 10 for 10 at some point in his career?

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Is it just me, or does anyone think Abram will break/tie Dre Smith's 10 for 10 at some point in his career?

Don't get carried away. 10 for 10 is ridiculous. However, hoping Abram will be a much better player than Smith.

liem.le.3388

Starter
Play of the game goes to Livingston doing a full sprint cross court pass that went in bt the legs of a Wagner defender, right in the hands of Jenkins. Dumbo play of the game goes to Jenkins taking that pass and air balling the lay up. The entire crowd went uhhhhhh awwww.....

JBiggs

Starter
Myles Tate managed to play 16 minutes without notching a rebound, and assist, a steal, or a FG attempt. Had 1 point on 1/2 FTs, a turnover, and 3 fouls. I guess that's why he's not a scholarship player, haha.

Anyway, great performance once again out of Abram and Moore. Very impressive.

DAK

Preferred Walk-On
0ut of conference in the books at 6-7. Anyone willing to venture a guess at the final conference record ?

6-12 in conference for an overall record of 12-19. I think that sounds about right.

Preseason, I thought best case was .500 on the year. 6-12/12-19 would fall right in between of where we were last year and what my best case prediction for this year was.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Play of the game goes to Livingston doing a full sprint cross court pass that went in bt the legs of a Wagner defender, right in the hands of Jenkins. Dumbo play of the game goes to Jenkins taking that pass and air balling the lay up. The entire crowd went uhhhhhh awwww.....

I'd also like to nominate Murrell for following his 3-point miss, securing the rebound, scoring a layup and getting fouled. Amazing what a difference it makes when a player hustles like that after a miss rather than retreating with his head bowed.

Last edited:

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I'd also like to nominate Murrell for following his 3-point miss, securing the rebound, scoring a layup and getting fouled. Amazing what a difference it makes when player hustles like that after a miss rather than retreating with his head bowed.

This was definitely the play of the game, and the start of a 15-3 run by the Patriots.

BTW, how about Doc Nix's singing of national anthem?

liem.le.3388

Starter
Myles Tate managed to play 16 minutes without notching a rebound, and assist, a steal, or a FG attempt. Had 1 point on 1/2 FTs, a turnover, and 3 fouls. I guess that's why he's not a scholarship player, haha.

Anyway, great performance once again out of Abram and Moore. Very impressive.
He was out there with Moore and Livingston bc Wagner was pressing with 4 guards. The momentum of the game never swung Wagner's way bc he was out there. I'm sure we'll see him used the same way for vcu.

JBiggs

Starter
He was out there with Moore and Livingston bc Wagner was pressing with 4 guards. The momentum of the game never swung Wagner's way bc he was out there. I'm sure we'll see him used the same way for vcu.
Thanks for helping clarify. I didn't get a chance to see the game, and just took a look at the box score.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'd say the last two games have shown some progress compared to the first two games of the season where we carried 1 point leads into the half only to be unable to sustain a strong second half.

Abram is going to present some matchup problems as he matures. He's not a super athlete, but he's effective and with his length and range, it's going to be hard to defend him at the 3.

I also love that he's been forced to learn the stretch 4 in Paulsen's system. Gives this team a lot of flexibility with the matchups. We'll be able to run 4 guard lineups in the future with a 6'6 guard at the 4. Got to love that.