Game 13: Wagner University, Tuesday, December 22nd, NOON, NO TV

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Maybe instead of asking why Rohland didn't find Jason Williams in the record books, we should be asking why you "forgot" about Carlos Yates? ... See, any of these petty, pointless arguments can be turned around and just as easily used against you.

But there's nothing to fight about here, so I'm not going to be baited any further. You found a good factoid, and so did Rohland. End of story.

Surely, you don't believe that I "forgot" Carlos Yates? But, Yates never scored 37 points in a game during his freshman season (1981-82) as Jason Williams did. This is why I didn't mention Yates in this discussion.

GMU92

Starter
Remember 10 or so years ago that you could buy a yearbook at games for $5 that had box scores of every game in Mason history, and things of that sort?

Yep, I used to buy one every year.
Do schools actually sell media guides any more? The Sports Writers on TV (an old Chicago area show) used to do a funny competition to see who had the biggest media guide every year. The winner was usually Texas football, the damn thing was something on the order of over 5 pounds.
Link to an old USA Today article on hefty media guides follows.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/2005-07-26-media-guides_x.htm

Last edited:

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I used to love those guides. Had 10 straight years of them, and would always keep the most recent in the seatback pockets of my car for guests to read. I guess this internet thing made them mostly irrelevant.

So if the question was, who holds the record, correct to the Jason williams pull. However, if it was simply, did Abrams just set the record, referencing Yates as having had a better game seems appropriate. Ridiculous fight over who can use Google better either way.