Game 13: Wagner University, Tuesday, December 22nd, NOON, NO TV

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
This picture is so awesome that I had to post it twice. So, will Kid's Day be an annual event around the holidays?

Kevin McNamee ‏@kwmcnamee 14h14 hours ago
It will take time, but I love where @MasonMBB is headed.

CW3mLz7W8AQHt7z.jpg

From a PR standpoint this is invaluable. There can be all the pictures in the world on gomason.com of the players at an elementary school, but it doesn't hold a candle to this. Huge kudos to whoever (I'm guessing Paulsen) got this going.

wijg

Starter
Why not make it a bonus game on the schedule? In other words, don't charge season ticket holders for the game unless they order the game with their plan. Then, all tickets for the game not purchased by season ticket holders would be available for the kids and their families.

That would make it slightly more palatable. My issue is less with the having to pay for a game I couldn't go see (which is a small issue) and more with the fact that my goal is to see all home games and I am still steamed that I could not get off from work to go to the game. It seems to me that scheduling a noon, weekday game when most people are already going to be taking time off later in the week/the following week is a little bit of an :middlefinger: to season ticket holders that work a 9 to 5ish job.

Now, the fact that, subtracting the 2,000 kids, we still got more than 3,000, presumably, season ticket holders based on previous attendance number, maybe I am in the minority. If it is determined that doing these games every year is in the best interest for the program, I am on board with it. I'll just try to plan further ahead when the schedule comes out.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
We need someone to check Carlos Yates' freshman year. And (pre-Division 1) Jim Nowers (?).

Jason Williams scored 37 pts. (8-12 3-pt. FG's) as a Mason freshman in a game at East Carolina on 2/5/96.

Last edited:

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Bill Rohland ‏@BillRohland 1h1 hour ago
For @Masonmbb fans...Abram's 27 yesterday is not a freshman record. Kenny Sanders had 33 in a game his freshman year in 85-86.

Last time I checked, 37 (Jason Williams) was more than 33! Perhaps, Mr. Rohland (A.-Siegfried/Gobo) needs to check Mason's Record Book - see page 13 of http://www.gomason.com/fls/25200/Game Notes/Men's Basketball/MBB_Record_Book.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=25200.

For more on Jason Williams, see https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...ug-case/87dcad59-6494-4d60-8f28-c7959883d377/.

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Last time I checked, 37 (Jason Williams) was more than 33! Perhaps, Mr. Rohland (A.-Siegfried/Gobo) needs to check Mason's Record Book - see page 13 of http://www.gomason.com/fls/25200/Game Notes/Men's Basketball/MBB_Record_Book.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=25200.

For more on Jason Williams, see https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...ug-case/87dcad59-6494-4d60-8f28-c7959883d377/.

Offensive records set during Paul Ball I are as worthless as Barry Bonds' shrunken, shriveled nutsack.

Adjusting for tempo, Williams would've had to score 62 points to equal Abram's 27.

(This in no way should be construed as performance of mathematics on my part. I simply pulled this number out of my a** to mess with Pablo, who I hope is visually impaired and thus unable to read this disclaimer :))

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Offensive records set during Paul Ball I are as worthless as Barry Bonds' shrunken, shriveled nutsack.

Adjusting for tempo, Williams would've had to score 62 points to equal Abram's 27.

(This in no way should be construed as performance of mathematics on my part. I simply pulled this number out of my a** to mess with Pablo, who I hope is visually impaired and thus unable to read this disclaimer :))

I'm old, but I still don't need reading glasses. I guess that people forget about Jason Williams because he only played one season for the Patriots (80 3-pt. FG's - the most by a Mason freshman).

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

At no point did Rohland say that 33 was the record. He was simply reporting a fact, which I thought was relevant, and repeated here, just the same as you so often do. 33 is more than 27, so it shows that Abram's night is only 3rd-best (at most).

Pablo

Hall of Famer
At no point did Rohland say that 33 was the record. He was simply reporting a fact, which I thought was relevant, and repeated here, just the same as you so often do. 33 is more than 27, so it shows that Abram's night is only 3rd-best (at most).

Well, I expected more from Mr. Rohland. Again, I guess people forget about Jason Williams or as Jim says: the offensive records during the Westhead era are worthless.

But, for those of us who saw Williams play, the guy could shoot with range.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Well, I expected more from Mr. Rohland. Again, I guess people forget about Jason Williams or as Jim says: the offensive records during the Westhead era are worthless.

What is the point of being such an a** about it?

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Maybe instead of asking why Rohland didn't find Jason Williams in the record books, we should be asking why you "forgot" about Carlos Yates? ... See, any of these petty, pointless arguments can be turned around and just as easily used against you.

But there's nothing to fight about here, so I'm not going to be baited any further. You found a good factoid, and so did Rohland. End of story.