Game 13: Wagner University, Tuesday, December 22nd, NOON, NO TV

Patriotfan49

Starter
I've been watching their games, def not the best 5-5 team out there. They are having pg issues and their big men are very inconsistent. Outside Melvin and Billbury they don't have another scorer.

Oh Good.....you got it under control then Bilas.:sidedead:

Last edited:

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Also have to give a shout out to Jalen. I feel like he is starting to learn and understand what DP wants of him and with his physical talents he could be a beast the next year and a half.
Agreed, I was very down on him early in the season, but he's looked a lot better the last few games. He's still missing too many point blank looks, but the percentage of makes is going up.

Harry

Starter
Jalen's scoring will come around...eventually. But he is playing with an intensity that was missing most games last year.

In the past two home games, this team has come on strong during the last 5 or 6 minutes of the first half. Early in those games, it looked like the Longwood and Wagner were well in control. But Mason carried their good play into the second half, fought off comebacks, and managed low-stress wins. And with freshmen playing major roles! At this point, the Second is playing like an upper class-man.

Wagner, Ride of the Valkyries

Pablo

Hall of Famer
This picture is so awesome that I had to post it twice. So, will Kid's Day be an annual event around the holidays?

Kevin McNamee ‏@kwmcnamee 14h14 hours ago
It will take time, but I love where @MasonMBB is headed.

CW3mLz7W8AQHt7z.jpg

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm all for giving away tickets to the community. It looks good on Mason at the same time fills seats that would normally be empty otherwise. As long as we're not filling EagleBank A, Mason should get in the habit of giving away tickets for every game. Maybe set aside a block of 1000 tickets to local middle school and high school honor roll students and hopefully start a connection in hopes that they'll someday want to attend Mason.

Herndon

All-Conference
I'm all for giving away tickets to the community. It looks good on Mason at the same time fills seats that would normally be empty otherwise. As long as we're not filling EagleBank A, Mason should get in the habit of giving away tickets for every game. Maybe set aside a block of 1000 tickets to local middle school and high school honor roll students and hopefully start a connection in hopes that they'll someday want to attend Mason.
I didn't think a "like" carried how much I love this idea, so I thought I'd repost. For midweek games, I think this ought to be a standing thing. It's not like the tickets were going to get sold anyhow, and some will buy concessions, so it's totally a win/win situation. I LOVE this idea PATSby, loveitloveitloveit. Can somebody with insider ties (PiKapp? GMUTom?) pitch this to those in charge?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We should take the same approach as the circus and "Disney on Ice," which sell out the arena every time they come to Fairfax:

Win the hearts of the kids, then the parents (and their wallets) will necessarily follow.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I agree with the sentiments posted here. The kids participated in the "contests" during time outs and contributed enthusiasm during the game. Enlivened what would have been rather small crowd.

Giveaways during weekday games, though, wouldn't be productive as the kids would be on a "school night". Yesterday worked as an afternoon game when the kids were out of school on break.

Was yesterday a giveaway? I did see a promotion that kid's tickets were $7 for the game although the SACC kids yesterday may have been freebies.

wijg

Starter
I like the idea of giving tickets away, but I would not want them to schedule any more noon weekday games to do it.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I like the idea of giving tickets away, but I would not want them to schedule any more noon weekday games to do it.

Why not make it a bonus game on the schedule? In other words, don't charge season ticket holders for the game unless they order the game with their plan. Then, all tickets for the game not purchased by season ticket holders would be available for the kids and their families.

Herndon

All-Conference
Agreed. Just for games that you KNOW are not going to sell out (e.g. Wednesday evening games against Drexel or something). Get local H.S./M.S. kids into the habit of being GMU fans.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Don't hate bro, you're the one that called them the best 5-5 team out there lol. How are your 9ers doing? Are they the best 4-10 team out there?

There is nothing to hate, and yes I believe as well as a few local writers via the Washington post believe vcu is a much better team than a 5-5 record would indicate. So again, as for all the 5-5 teams out there, I would wager vcu is one of the better if not the best one. Doesn't say they are Kentucky, but I think the record is misleading.

As for the niners, they may not be the worst 4-10 team in history, but they are for sure one of the worst coached everr.

Last edited:

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We should take the same approach as the circus and "Disney on Ice," which sell out the arena every time they come to Fairfax:

Win the hearts of the kids, then the parents (and their wallets) will necessarily follow.

Yes, those folks at Ringling Bros. and Disney On Ice know where its at.
They could be an asset to the athletic dept