Game 12: Longwood University, Saturday, December 19th, 8 PM, NO TV

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
This is no BS, it was me that made this happen.

SaraBeth is an up and coming Nashville recording artist and I spoke with enough people at Mason to make it happen to get here here. She has several EP's out which can be found on sarabethmusic.com. Some of music has made it to various online streaming sites and some radio all over the US.

She flew up today to perform.

Does she sing on Broadway?

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Heard rumor of 4 games for Marko tonight. Not a terribly credible source so take with a grain of salt.

Shevon was in sneakers. I think he'll be fine.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
This is no BS, it was me that made this happen.

SaraBeth is an up and coming Nashville recording artist and I spoke with enough people at Mason to make it happen to get here here. She has several EP's out which can be found on sarabethmusic.com. Some of music has made it to various online streaming sites and some radio all over the US.

She flew up today to perform.

I'm not at all a country music fan, but she did a nice job on the national anthem. Seems like a few years back, we had more Mason music/voice majors doing the anthem; not sure why that hasn't happened more often.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I'm not at all a country music fan, but she did a nice job on the national anthem. Seems like a few years back, we had more Mason music/voice majors doing the anthem; not sure why that hasn't happened more often.

I will say this, the genre has changed, and in my opinion, it started with Shania Twain in the mid 90's. I listen to lot of country on Sirius as well as a few other online stations, and some of it will make mainstream radio before too long. Kelsea Ballerini got her big break on Sirius (specifically a channel called "The Highway"), and the same goes for Florida Georgia Line.

Thanks for the compliments about her, we talked for a while afterwards and she said she was very impressed with how she was treated tonight by the staff.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I will say this, the genre has changed, and in my opinion, it started with Shania Twain in the mid 90's. I listen to lot of country on Sirius as well as a few other online stations, and some of it will make mainstream radio before too long. Kelsea Ballerini got her big break on Sirius (specifically a channel called "The Highway"), and the same goes for Florida Georgia Line.

Thanks for the compliments about her, we talked for a while afterwards and she said she was very impressed with how she was treated tonight by the staff.

I meant Broadway in Nashville; like Tootsies, Second Fiddle, etc.

Kelsea Ballerini went to my son's high school. Taylor Swift tweeting out she liked her music was the turning point in her career.

Florida Georgia Line is plain crap.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I meant Broadway in Nashville; like Tootsies, Second Fiddle, etc.

Kelsea Ballerini went to my son's high school. Taylor Swift tweeting out she liked her music was the turning point in her career.

Florida Georgia Line is plain crap.

My apologizes.

Small world about Kelsea.

emjayar08

Sixth Man
Satisfying win given the circumstances. Gutsy performance. I'm probably wrong - but I thought there was a guy at the end of the bench I didn't recognize. Can the team bring on walk-ons in the middle of the year?
Pretty sure the guy you mean is just Relvao.

GMU_Polevaulter

Preferred Walk-On
Thank You!! Her singing of the National Anthem was amazing. My 18 year old daughter was looking her up after on ITunes - great start to the night along with the Green Machine (as always).

Pablo

Hall of Famer
  1. SaraBeth ‏@SBSwags 11h11 hours ago
    A big thanks for getting me in to sing the National Anthem tonight!

CWolxVLWEAAD9AS.jpg

2. SaraBeth ‏@SBSwags 14h14 hours ago
    Kickin' off tonight's @MasonMBB game at @eaglebankarena with the National Anthem! Can't wait!
    1f1fa-1f1f8.png
    1f3c0.png

CWoA0AEUkAAyWem.jpg

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I must say, it didn't feel like Longwood was all that hot from the field. Maybe the turnover differential explains things over and above the obvious free throws made.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I must say, it didn't feel like Longwood was all that hot from the field. Maybe the turnover differential explains things over and above the obvious free throws made.
Another factor that may have shaped our impressions of the game: Mason shot 32% in the first half but improved to 46% in the second half.

ephoops

Starter
Prior to the start of the season, if someone said that Mason will win a game and score 75 points with a line up where Shevon, Marko, Holloway and Royal did not play, and the team's leading scorer shot 1-10, you most likely would have said that there is no way Mason wins.

Very nice win last night for the team and the program.